+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got declined!

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Not necessary at all to mention it in the cover letter. Only if you really want to.
You must declare anyway in the application form that you were refused a visa to Canada, and that is usually enough.
@bellaluna , I will state in my application to stay there for 2 weeks at least , consider it approved I can stay there for 6 months , yes?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I can stay there for 6 months , right?
A TRV only grants you permission to ask for entry to Canada. The CBSA agent you meet at the point of entry will decide how long you get to stay. It isn't necessarily going to be 6 months. If he asks how long you plan on staying and you say 6 months, expect some pretty hard questions about how you intend to support yourself. If you say 2 weeks, he may only give you2 weeks.....It all depends on the officer.

Reactions: YVR123

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
A TRV only grants you permission to ask for entry to Canada. The CBSA agent you meet at the point of entry will decide how long you get to stay. It isn't necessarily going to be 6 months. If he asks how long you plan on staying and you say 6 months, expect some pretty hard questions about how you intend to support yourself. If you say 2 weeks, he may only give you2 weeks.....It all depends on the officer.
I see.. because I plan to go on a 2 week stay for application purposes only. Should the officer grant my application, will the CBSA asks base on the documents you've submitted?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As for me, I will state in my application to stay there in 2 weeks, consider it approved I can stay there for 6 months , right?
A TRV only allows you to travel to Canada. How long you are actually allowed to stay will be decided by the immigration officer you meet at the POE.
It could be for 6 months (if no date is handwritten under the entry stamp) or else for a much shorter stay.

You must remember that long stays - ranging from few months to 6 months coupled with extensions - could negatively affect your chances for future entries/visits

Reactions: bellaluna

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
As for me, I will state in my application to stay there in 2 weeks, consider it approved I can stay there for 6 months , right?
Yes but I believe the shorter you stay the more likely you will have less problems re-entering as a visitor.

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Applicant399 said:
Salam everyone.
I applied fro TRV 13/02/2018.with 9 years old daughter (co applicant) for 45 days family Visit
Rest of my dependent child and spouse will remain in pakistan
Canada. Family Parents and 3 brothers one is married his wife and a kid.( all these holding citizenship )
and settled in Canada since 2008
Own a house with good jobs , father is retired
supporting documents I submitted from my family includes.
Invitation letter mentioning my father health( with attached hospitalized discharged slip)
My family will pay fro my trip including everything food shelter transportation and air fare .
Also spending Ramadan and eid with them.
Bank statements 1100,000 $cad . with pay stubs .employment certificate, citizenship card with Canadian passports copy. Canada home owner documents.
Documents I submit . My job( Private) as sales manager . leave certificate . NOC from employer
Daughter school leave certificate . consent letter from non accompanying parent
My funds statement for 4 months 900,000PKR.
Question is I have no previous Travel history it will hurt my application or for family visit VO do not consider it.

Here's an example for everyone for someone who from Pakistan got their visa in less than 10 days ( 10 yr multiple entry for him and his daughter). He has NO travel history and is from a high risk country but still got his visa due to a strong application otherwise.
Applicant399 said:
Salam everyone.
I applied fro TRV 13/02/2018.with 9 years old daughter (co applicant) for 45 days family Visit
Rest of my dependent child and spouse will remain in pakistan
Canada. Family Parents and 3 brothers one is married his wife and a kid.( all these holding citizenship )
and settled in Canada since 2008
Own a house with good jobs , father is retired
supporting documents I submitted from my family includes.
Invitation letter mentioning my father health( with attached hospitalized discharged slip)
My family will pay fro my trip including everything food shelter transportation and air fare .
Also spending Ramadan and eid with them.
Bank statements 1100,000 $cad . with pay stubs .employment certificate, citizenship card with Canadian passports copy. Canada home owner documents.
Documents I submit . My job( Private) as sales manager . leave certificate . NOC from employer
Daughter school leave certificate . consent letter from non accompanying parent
My funds statement for 4 months 900,000PKR.
Question is I have no previous Travel history it will hurt my application or for family visit VO do not consider it.

Here's an example for everyone for someone who from Pakistan got their visa in less than 10 days ( 10 yr multiple entry for him and his daughter). He has NO travel history and is from a high risk country but still got his visa due to a strong application otherwise.

His case is totally different.. He is married with good financial status as well and strong ties. Compare to a single applicant, no travel history..anyways, there will always be a second time..