+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I applied for an urgent PRTD 6 days ago on the PR portal, is it normal for the application status to still show "submitted" ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There's basically no change to the application status after 6 days. Is this considered normal ?

I heard some people apply to PRTD via email and don't use the portal. Was it a poor choice to apply on https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/ ?

Thanks
PRTDs can take weeks to months so very normal that you haven’t heard anything in 6 days. What evidence and reason have you provided to say that you need urgent processing ( urgent processing doesn’t really exist for PRTD) and how long have you been out of Canada? Are you compliant with your RO today so how many days have you spent in Canada in the past 5 years or since you landed as PR if less than 5 years? When did your PR card expire?

SuperMongoose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
PRTDs can take weeks to months so very normal that you haven’t heard anything in 6 days. What evidence and reason have you provided to say that you need urgent processing ( urgent processing doesn’t really exist for PRTD) and how long have you been out of Canada? Are you compliant with your RO today so how many days have you spent in Canada in the past 5 years or since you landed as PR if less than 5 years? When did your PR card expire?
Hi, yes I’m compliant with RO (I stayed 3y in the last 5 in Canada) I left because a relative was sick and I needed to help my family with that. Card expired end of September.

alright so I should wait…