+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am requested to submit a complete application

alimdrajab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
I am requested to submit a complete application to canadian visa office singapore . Before submitting I need to consult two points
(1) Except language proficiency I can obtained 65 points. My IELTS band score is basic in all four catageories(listening, reading, writing and speaking). Dou you thing my application will qualify ?
(2) In the instruction manual Titled :Application for Permanent Residence –Skilled Worker– Visa Office Specific Instructions Singapore: Item no 13: It is written:FEE PAYMENT Follow these instructions to pay the fees. If you do not, we will return your application. processing fees are not refundable.: what does it mean?
At the time of submitting the application to CIO office I made payment processing fees( 550 dollar for adult and 150 dollars for children). Should I now pay more fees with the complete application?. can you give your suggestion?
Ali

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Alimdrajab - answering to your first question. Yes, your application will be rejected if you don't achieve 67 points. To your second question, I don't think you will have to pay anymore as you have already paid the processing fee of (CAD) 550 / person + Children. But, its better for you to call the Call Center where they can guide you in the right way. In my opinion, your next payment should be payment to the doctor for your medical and your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (or you call it, Right of Landing Fee). Hope this helps.

Thank you.

navchd

Dec 2, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
AOR Received.
29-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
10-03-2009
Med's Request
10-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-11-2009
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
10-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2009
LANDED..........
21-01-10
hi alimdrajab

regarding first question::: u have to go for IELTS....even if u have basic proficiency level u will get 4 additional pts which will make them 69...hence ur app will qualify
nd secondaly u dont need to pay fee again now....just attach a copy of AOR with ur full application.......next fee will be RPRF when they will ask for it after medicals

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Well, Navchd is partially correct. But, it all depends on how much did you take in your IELTS. Can you tells us what is your band in IELTS? You had mentioned in your previous post that you have obtained Basic band in IELTS. IELTS doesn't classify a band as Basic Band. You will get 4 points if you had taken above the following bands in IELTS:

Speaking - 4
Listening - 4.5
Reading - 3.5
Writing - 4.0

If you have the above, you will get 4 points. You mentioned without language you get 65 points and if you add this 4 points for language, you get 69 points and you will be very well qualified. But, your individual scores for the above areas are less than what I have mentioned, then you are not qualified. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canpr said:
Well, Navchd is partially correct. But, it all depends on how much did you take in your IELTS. Can you tells us what is your band in IELTS? You had mentioned in your previous post that you have obtained Basic band in IELTS. IELTS doesn't classify a band as Basic Band. You will get 4 points if you had taken above the following bands in IELTS:

Speaking - 4
Listening - 4.5
Reading - 3.5
Writing - 4.0

If you have the above, you will get 4 points. You mentioned without language you get 65 points and if you add this 4 points for language, you get 69 points and you will be very well qualified. But, your individual scores for the above areas are less than what I have mentioned, then you are not qualified. Hope this helps.

Thank you.
Nope, it you have basic in all four bands of ielts the maximum you can get is 2 points read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 10

PMM

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
You are absolutely right, PMM.

I think even with 2 points alimdrajab qualifies by scoring exactly 67 points.

Thank you.

alimdrajab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Thanks for suggestions. My IELTS band score is like that
Listening: 4.5
Reading: 4.5
Writing : 5.0
Speaking: 5.0
Do you think this is a basic band score? In this case My points will be 65+2=67 (As per comment of PMM). In this case what will happen for my application? do I need just 67 points or more than that like 68? I am afraid that my points is just 67 and the english proficiency is not so good. Would you please give some information?

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Hi
alimdrajab said:
Thanks for suggestions. My IELTS band score is like that
Listening: 4.5
Reading: 4.5
Writing : 5.0
Speaking: 5.0
Do you think this is a basic band score? In this case My points will be 65+2=67 (As per comment of PMM). In this case what will happen for my application? do I need just 67 points or more than that like 68? I am afraid that my points is just 67 and the english proficiency is not so good. Would you please give some information?
67 is a magic number, you need not worry. But, your english proficiency, may alarm something bad to IO.

However, i would suggest you to improve your IELTS.

MH.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear PMM,

Can you clarify my doubt:

What if someone scores Basic in three of the categories (for example listening, speaking and writing), and scores moderate in the other category (in this case reading). Will he score 4?
[1 (for listening) + 1 (for speaking) + 1 (for writing) = 3 ==> only maximum 2 points given + 2 points (for moderate level reading). TOTAL = 4?]

P.S. I am specially asking this about the TEF exam (with French as my second language)

PMM said:
Hi

canpr said:

Speaking - 4
Listening - 4.5
Reading - 3.5
Writing - 4.0

Thank you.
Nope, it you have basic in all four bands of ielts the maximum you can get is 2 points read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 10

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mbastudies said:
Dear PMM,

Can you clarify my doubt:

What if someone scores Basic in three of the categories (for example listening, speaking and writing), and scores moderate in the other category (in this case reading). Will he score 4?
[1 (for listening) + 1 (for speaking) + 1 (for writing) = 3 ==> only maximum 2 points given + 2 points (for moderate level reading). TOTAL = 4?]

P.S. I am specially asking this about the TEF exam (with French as my second language)

PMM said:
Hi

canpr said:

Speaking - 4
Listening - 4.5
Reading - 3.5
Writing - 4.0

Thank you.

PMM

PMM