+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate: processing applications from outside Canada

Najmashiii

Nov 9, 2023
Hello,

I am in applying for my H&C application on grounds of FV ( for myself) and Medical grounds for my child under 18 years old. ( toddler)
Who has seizures. I was awarded my TRP/WP when I lived in Canada due to FV. However it has been expired. Since then my child has developed seizures and it has been difficult to maintain and being a single parent. I am on a temporary order to relocate to America for a year now to ( deal with postpartum and mental abuse) I am still in Canadian courts and the father is absent & doesn’t pay any support. He even refuses to visit his daughter even when she has seizures or call at all. He is completely absent until this day. Dealing with this issue in Canadian court still. My questions are. Can I come to Canada on medical ground and FV application from outside of Canada.

Also, I am a bit confused on
1. Can I submit an online application for H&C application
2. Which applications are needed to apply for H&C
3. Are the applications for H&C the Same for in Canada and outside of Canada.
4. Everything on the application for H&C I have come across states “ in Canada”
5. Do I apply and submit all H&C applications through the permanent residence portal?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am in applying for my H&C application on grounds of FV ( for myself) and Medical grounds for my child under 18 years old. ( toddler)
Who has seizures. I was awarded my TRP/WP when I lived in Canada due to FV. However it has been expired. Since then my child has developed seizures and it has been difficult to maintain and being a single parent. I am on a temporary order to relocate to America for a year now to ( deal with postpartum and mental abuse) I am still in Canadian courts and the father is absent & doesn’t pay any support. He even refuses to visit his daughter even when she has seizures or call at all. He is completely absent until this day. Dealing with this issue in Canadian court still. My questions are. Can I come to Canada on medical ground and FV application from outside of Canada.

Also, I am a bit confused on
1. Can I submit an online application for H&C application
2. Which applications are needed to apply for H&C
3. Are the applications for H&C the Same for in Canada and outside of Canada.
4. Everything on the application for H&C I have come across states “ in Canada”
5. Do I apply and submit all H&C applications through the permanent residence portal?
What is your status in the US? That will also have significant impact on your chances of H&C. Do you have any family in Canada? The US? When people use access to medical care as a reason for needing to stay in Canada based on H&C reasons they are typically from counties where there isn’t a good medicals system or somewhere where they wouldn’t be able to access care if available. If you are a US citizen for example your child could get citizenship and then your child should be able to secure healthcare via the state or privately.