+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to fill up the application forms correctly?

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by Anais, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Hello there!
    To begin with, help will be highly appreciated :)
    Me and my husband (sponsor) are in the middle of a rather "exciting" process of filling up applications.

Here it comes

Forms for the sponsored person
    Form Background declaration

Question 11 - personal history
    They ask to list "all of the things you did in the past 10 years" - studying, working, in prison, in hospital,
    travelling. Also, the guide mentions that I need to provide information for each month.

So my question is - I am a traveller. I travelled to various countries for the past 10 years, mostly US for conferences and educational programs. The length of trips is about 10-18 days.
    Do I need to include them all in the personal history or not? During that time I was officially employed or in school in my home country - that travel was during vacation times.

Question 15 - addresses
    My understanding, that addresses where I stayed on vacations are not required. Am I correct?

Forms for the sponsor

Form - Application to sponsorship and undertaking

Question 10
    Are you a Canadian citizen (yes). The next question to it is when did you become a Canadian citizen?
    In the guide they say "put a day when you became a citizen if you were a perm resident before" = he he, but if my husband was born in Canada, should we just put his birth date there?

Question 6b, 6c - in my understanding, they are applicable only to those sponsored people, who DO NOT live in their native country at the time of application. So, if I do live in my native country I should put Not applicable

Sorry if the questions are a bit detailed - we are calling and calling the immigrations, but can't reach them so I thought may be someone here will be able to help!

Anais