+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to fill up the application forms correctly?

Anais

Jul 7, 2008
Hello there!
To begin with, help will be highly appreciated :)
Me and my husband (sponsor) are in the middle of a rather "exciting" process of filling up applications.

Here it comes

Forms for the sponsored person
Form Background declaration

Question 11 - personal history
They ask to list "all of the things you did in the past 10 years" - studying, working, in prison, in hospital,
travelling. Also, the guide mentions that I need to provide information for each month.

So my question is - I am a traveller. I travelled to various countries for the past 10 years, mostly US for conferences and educational programs. The length of trips is about 10-18 days.
Do I need to include them all in the personal history or not? During that time I was officially employed or in school in my home country - that travel was during vacation times.

Question 15 - addresses
My understanding, that addresses where I stayed on vacations are not required. Am I correct?

Forms for the sponsor

Form - Application to sponsorship and undertaking

Question 10
Are you a Canadian citizen (yes). The next question to it is when did you become a Canadian citizen?
In the guide they say "put a day when you became a citizen if you were a perm resident before" = he he, but if my husband was born in Canada, should we just put his birth date there?

Question 6b, 6c - in my understanding, they are applicable only to those sponsored people, who DO NOT live in their native country at the time of application. So, if I do live in my native country I should put Not applicable

Sorry if the questions are a bit detailed - we are calling and calling the immigrations, but can't reach them so I thought may be someone here will be able to help!

Anais