+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to fill in express entry bachelor degree (four year) and postgraduate diploma(one year)

Jasshah

Nov 30, 2017
Hi

I got my eca assestment done by WES recently.

The results says "bachelor degree(four years) and postgraduate diploma(one year)."

1) My bachelor in arts degree in india from 2006-2009 awarded as "bachelor degree (four years)" as per canadian equivalency.
2) My master in arts degree from 2009-2011 awarded as "postgraduate diploma(one year)" as per canadian equivalency.

Now i am trying to fill the express entry form online but while filling the details under Education history i dont see any option as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

I have filled first degree as mentioned above in point 1) i.e "bachelor degree(four years)" in education history in express entry under "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" as mentioned in the drop down

But i want suggestion that which dropdown i need to select under the education history in the express entry page for the second degree as mentioned in point 2) i.e "postgraduate diploma(one year)" as per canadian equivalency?

Kindly confirm with the required inputs ASAP.

Thanks
Jas

Reactions: smethani

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to add each degree separately, if you qualify for "two or more certificates" the system will grant you those points. Stick to your WES assessment.

Jasshah

Nov 30, 2017
Hi dear ,

Then under which section you put your postgraduate diploma 1 year as there is no level called "two or more degrees...."
You need to fill two entries

One in three or more than three bachelor degree

Another one year diploma or university

These 2 will account to points similar to "two or more bachelor's degree...."

Hope this helps

newEEonOWP

Jan 31, 2018
Hi, I am in same case as you. WES gave "4 years bachelor's degree and 1 year post graduate diploma".

Can you please advise on how to enter "One year post graduate diploma" ? I could successfully fill in "4 years bachelor's program".
For the below question :
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean. (required)
Answer should be "One year program at a University, college.trade or technical school or other institute" ?

Also, What should be entered in below :
"Level of education (required) Help - Level of education" field ?

I completed the degree from 2008 Jan to 2010 july (2 years). Should I mention as "One year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute" OR "two year program at a university, college,trade or technical school"?

Please advise on how to fill in these two fields ?

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Hi, I am in same case as you. WES gave "4 years bachelor's degree and 1 year post graduate diploma".

Can you please advise on how to enter "One year post graduate diploma" ? I could successfully fill in "4 years bachelor's program".
For the below question :
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean. (required)
Answer should be "One year program at a University, college.trade or technical school or other institute" ?

Also, What should be entered in below :
"Level of education (required) Help - Level of education" field ?

I completed the degree from 2008 Jan to 2010 july (2 years). Should I mention as "One year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute" OR "two year program at a university, college,trade or technical school"?

Please advise on how to fill in these two fields ?
In the level of education - 2 years program at a university

After you say Yes to ECA and it asks for equivalency - 1 year program at a university

Reactions: keerjj

keerjj

May 7, 2019
Hi

I got my eca assestment done by WES recently.

The results says "bachelor degree(four years) and postgraduate diploma(one year)."

1) My bachelor in arts degree in india from 2006-2009 awarded as "bachelor degree (four years)" as per canadian equivalency.
2) My master in arts degree from 2009-2011 awarded as "postgraduate diploma(one year)" as per canadian equivalency.

Now i am trying to fill the express entry form online but while filling the details under Education history i dont see any option as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

I have filled first degree as mentioned above in point 1) i.e "bachelor degree(four years)" in education history in express entry under "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" as mentioned in the drop down

But i want suggestion that which dropdown i need to select under the education history in the express entry page for the second degree as mentioned in point 2) i.e "postgraduate diploma(one year)" as per canadian equivalency?

Kindly confirm with the required inputs ASAP.

Thanks
Jas
Hi Jas,

I am in a similar situation like you. My WES evaluation says bachelors 3+ yrs and 1 year post graduate diploma for my MBA degree from Mumbai University. I am confused what should I select in “Level of education (required) Help - Level of education” field. Shall I choose Masters or 2 yrs program at a university?? I know in ECA section I’ll have to choose one year program at a university.