+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to extend the passport request letter validity beyond 30 days?

KunSam

Feb 29, 2024
I have applied for a student visa from India, and according to the processing times of IRCC, I will likely get it at a time when I'll be on vacation in the UK for an extended period of time. Is there any way I can get an extension for the Passport request letter, which is valid for 30 days. So that I can return from UK to India and send it for stamping.

I am open to suggestions

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have applied for a student visa from India, and according to the processing times of IRCC, I will likely get it at a time when I'll be on vacation in the UK for an extended period of time. Is there any way I can get an extension for the Passport request letter, which is valid for 30 days. So that I can return from UK to India and send it for stamping.

I am open to suggestions
Depends how extended. But since you can submit to vfs anywhere in the world, you could do so in the UK.

KunSam

Feb 29, 2024
Depends how extended. But since you can submit to vfs anywhere in the world, you could do so in the UK.
I'd try to do that, but don't know how long the stamping process takes if I do a 2 way courier service. I would need the passport again to return to India, so yeah the situation is a bit complicated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'd try to do that, but don't know how long the stamping process takes if I do a 2 way courier service. I would need the passport again to return to India, so yeah the situation is a bit complicated.
You either do it while you are someone else - you said it was an 'extended' stay, I believe - or when you return to India.

As far as I'm aware IRCC is not very strict about the 30 day period if the applicant informs by webform that they are travelling and unable to submit right away. But it's still less than ideal.