+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to delay/extend the processing time for PR application?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hello all,

This question may seems weird to few but I need to know how can we delay the processing of PR application under PNP without the jeopardizing the chances of approval?
My fiance has got master stream Ontario PNP and we have till April 2017 to submit PR app. Now me and my fiance have both got acceptances in school in US. We want to pursue the program for 2 years and then would like to work in US for one or two years to make some money as jobs pay significantly more in US in our field. Then we would like to come back and and settle down in Canada once we get our school debt in control.
Now if we apply in the very last week, assuming the federal processing time is 16 months for Paper application, how can we further delay our processing? Are there any options ?
Normal 16 months processing would get us PPR in August 2018 and we can further delay landing for 6 months as they issue PR visa with some validity.
We will finish our school program in April 2019 and can do a short landing and can go back to work in US again. Then we can get 2.5 more years to work outside Canada without jeopardizing the PR residency obligations.

With all this I guess we can extend our option of maintaining valid PR status till around Nov 2021. Can anyone suggest anything more that could help delaying it more.

Thanks.