+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much should the reference letter match with NOC?

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
How much should the roles and responsibility mentioned in the NOC, should match with the actual roles and responsibility? How does CIC check it? Is it that the specific keywords should come up in the reference letter? Some people say that they have almost matched 80-85% of the NOC...how is that possible? Roles and responsibility are unique and cannot match-up completely. Is it necessary to completely match (i.e. exact same words) with the NOC..are there any rejections because of the same?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Aakash Evans said:
How much should the roles and responsibility mentioned in the NOC, should match with the actual roles and responsibility? How does CIC check it? Is it that the specific keywords should come up in the reference letter? Some people say that they have almost matched 80-85% of the NOC...how is that possible? Roles and responsibility are unique and cannot match-up completely. Is it necessary to completely match (i.e. exact same words) with the NOC..are there any rejections because of the same?
You don't watch it to match word for word with the NOC - that will raise questions. In general, keywords will always apply since that is the business jargon relevant to the position/industry. You want to cover majority of the NOC description - your case will never be rejected because they do not match. I don't believe there are such cases - rejection may be whhere the JD is very ambigious and covers only a very small portion of the actual NOC description. You may want to see what your employer provides in the reference letter and validate that with your NOC.

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
Thank you so much for the response. My NOC 4163, and i have two different companies to show. I tried all the keywords to confirm my NOC, and it comes to 4163 only. I was just afraid, as under my NOC the illustrative examples are as below:

-business development officer
-community economic development consultant
-economic development officer
-industrial development officer
-market researcher
-marketing analyst
-marketing consultant - market research
-regional development analyst
-tourism development officer
-tourism industry consultant

Now obviously the roles and responsibility given under the NOC would be general ones pertaining to all these illustrative examples. Thank you anyway, it was a great help. My fear seems to go away a bit! :p :p

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Aakash Evans said:
When I asked about 100% copy paste from internet, I got following response.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/experience-letter-job-description-copy-paste-from-noc-description-on-internet-t477427.0.html;msg5817245#msg5817245