+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for Singapore CIC office to receive passports from BD?

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hey guys I applied for my study permit online and after a wait of 14 weeks I was contacted by CIC to submit my passport. i submitted it at the Dhaka VAC on August 17th and upon checking the status of my passport it says that my passport was forwarded to Singapore CIC office. However, I still haven't received any confirmation that they have received my passport yet. How long does it usually take for Singapore office to receive passports from Bangladesh? Does anyone have any idea?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Hey Melody,

I have had some updates on my application. So I am now in a position to give you some info.

Passport Submitted at VFS Dhaka - 14-Aug
Visa application, tracking ID No.20160623BDDASTU33829 Additional documents or/and passport received are being processed at the Canada Visa Office, Singapore. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website. - 17-Aug
Status Updated to Approved but not e-mail - 19-Aug VFS status not updated

As you can see, it took 3 working days (international working days as 15 august was holiday in bangladesh) to get to Singapore.

It took them 1-2 working days to approve the application. So It means that my passport will be despatched maybe tomorrow and I should be expecting it sometime in the middle of next week.

So I would say 10 days written as per CIC is correct.

Hope this helps!

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Congratulations! This looks promising to me :)

Okay so I submitted my passport on August 17th and no confirmation of passport received yet. I haven't checked MyCIC because there was no new email. So if I am not wrong and judging by the timeline then my passport will reach Singapore on August 20th/21st. Then I can expect to see status updates maybe..Oh God I can't wait any longer.

Which institution are you gong to attend and what program is it?

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Did you receive any confirmation email from Singapore office that they have received your passport?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Melody23 said:
Did you receive any confirmation email from Singapore office that they have received your passport?
No, no email from anyone, Just that in my MYCIC account it says your application is approved. I think I will get a message from MYCIC that my application has been updated a few hours later. They are generally a little late in sending emails about updates.

Hope this helps.

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
So you randomly checked your MyCIC and VFS tracking and you saw that your application was approved? That's cool! MyCIC still shows me final decision not started yet. God knows what is happening.

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Melody23 said:
So you randomly checked your MyCIC and VFS tracking and you saw that your application was approved? That's cool! MyCIC still shows me final decision not started yet. God knows what is happening.
Well, I check the tracker and account at exact times (multiple times) each day to log the whole progress time line.

Don't worry, you will get your passport back very soon. The hard part is over! :D

himel420

Jul 18, 2016
enywmara said:
Well, I check the tracker and account at exact times (multiple times) each day to log the whole progress time line.

Don't worry, you will get your passport back very soon. The hard part is over! :D
Which subject and university did you apply for ?

Peh

Feb 11, 2024
Hi, can anyone tell me how long does its take after passport submit at VFS Singapore ? My husband submit his passport since march 29 2024 and I don’t know how much longer it will take. Thank you