+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can we make Visa Office Accountable?

CrazzyCanuck

May 13, 2013
Recently, I went through a disastrous experience at NYC office. My dream to visit canada turned into a pretty ugly nightmare when they pretty much held me hostage by not returning my passport even after withdrawing the application via email. 72 days of processing was not evnough for these lazy visa processing clerks to determine whether to grant/reject the applicaiton. I had to visit the NYC office twice to get the passport back. Unfortunately, many applicants do not live close to NYC and it is not easy for them to travel to NYC just to ask for the passport returned. About 20 emails to withdraw and have the passport returned went unanswered. This is not acceptable. Just because we wanted to visit their country, we cannot be subjected to such cruelty. If they just want the visa fee, they should just keep a donation box outside of their consulate the run the office.

How can we hold the office accountable for horrendous behaviour? I guess lawsuit is probably out of question. Can we flood CIC office in ottawa with complaints? What is the office that we should write the complaint to? :mad: :mad: :mad:

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Thats how it is, I am sure you will see some suggestion box but no one cares, the amount of screw ups I dealt with New Delhi embassy is also something to talk about but any other one is no different

plutocupid

Apr 30, 2013
No we have to find a way to deal with the people
Unfortunately my passport is with them
Will definately make aware of these people to general public

CrazzyCanuck

May 13, 2013
I guess as long as we the applicants put up with their BS, nothing is going to change. Seeing the response to my threads, I guess there is not much point in trying to get the us organized to do something about these lazy slobs. Everyone is worried about only their case and seems to have no issues putting up with Consulate's crap. These fools at the consulate are giving Canada such a bad reputation, which it may not really deserve. If everyone in this forum who genuinely suffered at these offices took time to write a letter to CIC head office, it might change the way they operate...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
We've got feelers from our MP's who are helpless too as they are told to kinda back off as with generic responses like "its still in process". No one wants to risk it further, else it might delay things more and some of us have waited 5 years

harried

May 20, 2013
So sorry to hear about it.
Guess what I'm headed to NY tomorrow to retrieve my documents.

Hi, here's my TL

Sent application including the original passport and I-20 via mail on April 4,2013
Received at the NY office on April 8, 2013
Emailed how the processing time exceeded beyond 21 days as mentioned online on May 10
They replied on May 15
"In regards to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada, please note that your application has been received and is in queue for processing.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. Should you wish to travel urgently and recover your passport, you may send us an email request to withdraw your application (include WITHDRAW in the subject line). "

When asked if they'd return the documents in person, I haven't heard from them.

I intended to leave for Canada on May 24 and head to India from there on June 2.

So, I'm gonna visit the office in NY tomorrow to see what my chances are of getting a visa. If I don't get the visa, I'd at least like for the authorities to hand me my passport and I-20 so I could plan my subsequent trip. Having read people's accounts here on this forum, every little ray of hope is diminishing by the minute.

harried

May 20, 2013
It was an unsatisfactory visit to the NY office.
It's May 22 and they are still processing files received on March 25.
So they haven't even seen my file which reached there on April 8.
They would not hand me my passport even though I'm standing there requesting them ever so fervently.
These people honestly don't care. They don't get it that they are inefficient and people are honestly mad at them!
The queue for withdrawing applications was as long as that of the applicants.
One of the persons was int he queue to get her passport after five months and still no visa. Now that's saying something.

It's been a week since I made a request to withdraw my application and I still haven't received my documents.
I have to travel to India by June 2. I dunno what to do now!