+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas and degrees"?

khurramk-s

Aug 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am new member of this forum and I want to clarify some points regarding ECA and how to get additional points for option "Two or more certificates, diplomas and degrees".

I have done Bachelors in Electrical Engineering from recognized university by WES. But currently my CRS score is very low due to age factor. I can improve my score if I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas and degrees". I want some suggestions from senior and expert members of this forum:

1- 1st Option: Should I take admission in Post Graduate Diploma Program(1 Year) in some specific field from "Virtual University of Pakistan" to increase my CRS score? Virtual University's mode of study is distance learning through video lectures. But on WES website its name is mentioned in the list of recognized institutions. So will WES recognize my PGD from VU as a distance learning program in my ECA report?

2- 2nd Option: Should I appear in the examination of BA(Bachelors in Arts) as a private student from Punjab University, Lahore to get additional BA degree in order to qualify for additional CRS score. Will WES recognize my BA(private) degree along with full time Bachelors in Engineering degree?

3- 3rd Option: I can also take admission in the certificate program(6 months duration) of Virtual University of Pakistan. Will WES accept this certificate and does it increase my CRS score by selecting "Two or more certificates, diplomas and degrees"?

4- If I apply for ECA from WES now and complete the evaluation of my engineering bachelor degree and create Express Entry profile then can I add and update my profile after one year with additional degree/diploma? Will I get additional points for that?

Please show me the right path from your experience. I would extremely appreciate your help and guidance on this matter.

Thanks and Best Regards.