+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

History address

jordan1992

Dec 4, 2015
So during 2014 and 2016, I've traveled to the States for a few weeks. Do I need to declare my traveling time and put the address of the hotels on Addresses in the past 6 years? And I can't remember the exact apt number of several my history residences. Is that alright?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So during 2014 and 2016, I've traveled to the States for a few weeks. Do I need to declare my traveling time and put the address of the hotels on Addresses in the past 6 years? And I can't remember the exact apt number of several my history residences. Is that alright?
Yes, you can put N/A for apt numbers if you do not remember - I did the same and got AOR no problem. Just better not to leave it blank.

For US, you will declare your travelling in your residence calculator as well as the reason for travelling. If these were short travels while you continued to be a resident of Canada, no need to declare these addresses in address history. Just declare the Canadian addresses where your correspondence was directed during the time you travelled. No gaps are allowed.

jordan1992

Dec 4, 2015
Yes, you can put N/A for apt numbers if you do not remember - I did the same and got AOR no problem. Just better not to leave it blank.

For US, you will declare your travelling in your residence calculator as well as the reason for travelling. If these were short travels while you continued to be a resident of Canada, no need to declare these addresses in address history. Just declare the Canadian addresses where your correspondence was directed during the time you travelled. No gaps are allowed.
Do I still need to separately list the date of my travelling in address history if my home address is unchanged before and after my travel?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I still need to separately list the date of my travelling in address history if my home address is unchanged before and after my travel?
No. Example:

I moved into my apartment in Ottawa on September 2016, so in my history of addresses I only put

september 2016 to Today - Ottawa (address).

However, I had 4 short vacation trips abroad since September 2016. I listed all of them in my residence calculator along with the reason. I did not put any foreign addresses in address history because during the travel I was remaining resident of Canada: I was still employed in Canada, my rental lease was still running etc.

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
No. Example:

I moved into my apartment in Ottawa on September 2016, so in my history of addresses I only put

september 2016 to Today - Ottawa (address).

However, I had 4 short vacation trips abroad since September 2016. I listed all of them in my residence calculator along with the reason. I did not put any foreign addresses in address history because during the travel I was remaining resident of Canada: I was still employed in Canada, my rental lease was still running etc.
Sorry to bump in here...Its the same topic though.

I have a query regarding the continuity and more so the "reliability" of this continuity when filling in the address history. I moved to Europe in Aug 2013 and started studying here.

Aug 2013 to June 2014 - I lived in a hostel (Europe) - Hostel contract ended in June 2014
June 2014 - Aug 2014 - Holiday back home (India)
Aug 2014 - June 2015 - I lived in an apartment (Europe) - Apartment contract ended in June 2015
June 2015 - Aug 2015 - Holiday back home (India)

In Education history and Personal history though, it will state :
-Education history :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2015 - European University (conflicts with address history - 1 month in India each year)
-Personal history :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2015 - Studying

My question is, seeing that I was a student in Europe during that period should I mention :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2014 - Hostel, Address A (Even though contract expired in June 2014?)
Aug 2014 - Aug 2015 - Apartment, Address B (Even through contract expired in June 2015?)

and include travel to India in travel history? Because if it shows 1 month away in the address history as India, I believe it could be seen as conflicting with the claim that I was studying in Europe continuously (with continuous address history in Europe), right?

Please point me in the right direction! Thanks a lot in advance!