+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with question 14 on Citizenship application. I have to submit my application today.

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
  • Tell us if you held passport or travel documents during five year " eligibility period". It is a yes or No question.
IF YES
If you check Yes, complete the chart labeled Table A in question 14 by including the document number, the name of country that issued the document (issuing authority), the place (city or town), the document was issued, the date the document was issued and expiry of the document.

IF NO
If you do not have a passport or travel document that was/is valid during five year eligibility period, tell us why in the box provided labeled Table B.

I had only one passport during my eligibility period which got expired in 2016. Since I did not travel anywhere so I didn't feel the need to renew it . My understanding is I should answer this question by saying " Yes" even though my passport was expired. I am reconfirming this because the point below in help guide confuses me when it talks about missing time between the validity dates of the travel document.
  • If you do not have these documents or there is missing time between the validity dates of the travel documents, provide an explanation in question 14 on the application form.
I would appreciate if someone else could answer it and guide me. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Answer yes there, and specify in the explanation to that question 14 that you didn't renew your expired passport since you didn't need to travel and don't hold a new one.
That's a common situation, not an issue at all.