+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help spousal OWP

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hello Friends ,

I have a question need help.My husband applied for the work permit and I applied for OWP with him.His WP has been approved as we got an approval mail.My question is that will the spouse also get a separate approval mail as they sent both of mails that our files have been released from the NEW Delhi Office.Is that the spouse will get the visa stamped along with the husband as we enter Canada.Thanks!!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Assuming you applied together i.e. a single submission, you both would receive stamped passports back at the same time.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
That is partially correct, but you didn't get the full concept.

1. Work permit is an approval to work in Canada. You will get an approval letter from embassy and the actual work permit will be issued to you at the port of entry i.e. the airport where you land in Canada.

2. For people from non visa exempt countries, you also require a temporary resident visa to stay in Canada. It is issued ALONG with a work permit approval and is stamped on your passport. TRV is approval to legally stay in Canada and work permit is approval to work there.

For people belonging to countries who do not require a visa to visit canada, the only thing required is work permit.

Hope that clarifies.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Thank you does it mean that my OPW is approved and I do not get any separate email.So the TRV will be stamped on my passport.Thank you:)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I am not really sure about separate email. I personally know cases of application submitted on paper in which all people whose email id's are mentioned in their respective forms get emails. For e.g. the medical letter came for every member of my family as a separate email.

However, when applying online, i assume all information is posted in the primary account of the applicant. So may be the notification comes in your husband's account. But it would mention all applicants separately since every applicant has a file created.

If you have only gotten feedback about your husband and not yours, may be it comes a while latter. Otherwise, you can ask CIC.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Thank you we also submitted a paper application at VFS kolkata office and they sent mr a separate email in my husbands account that my file has bern released infact our passportd will be ready for collection soon.The approval mail had only my husba ds nme with work permit validity.Thank you so much