+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help related to study loan

Mar 17, 2017
Hi guys, i am thinking to apply for loan so that i can go for a 2 year PGD course in Canada. I just wanted to know, how much time does it take to repay the loan by working part time.
Has anyone done it?
I mean to say how much do we earn by working part time and what are the expenses of living as a student?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
gursahib.1805@gmail.com said:
Hi guys, i am thinking to apply for loan so that i can go for a 2 year PGD course in Canada. I just wanted to know, how much time does it take to repay the loan by working part time. Depends on how much you owe.
Has anyone done it? No
I mean to say how much do we earn by working part time and what are the expenses of living as a student? Depends on the job and the hourly rate
see answers above..you may want to be more specific in your questions..

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well there are hundreds of posts on this forum re approximate costs for international students such as fees in the range 15-18k CDN per year plus living approx 10k Can per year.

So adding that up if you took a loan say for 56k CDN plus interest it would be very unlikely on a survival part time job as an example if really lucky say 15 dollars an hour x 20 hours per week that you could come anywhere near covering the cost of the loan whilst studying so would be quite a few years commitment. The 15 dollars an hour by the way just makes the math easier could be less could be more.

This assumes that every single dollar you earn goes to the loan with zero left for any life at all plus also assumes that you can even get a decent part time job in the first place. Basically if you cannot at least afford the first year without a loan then maybe not a good plan but thats just my view depends I guess how desperate someone is to come to Canada. Add to this you have to get the loan in the first place as well for this purpose so likely would need to show how you intend to pay it back at the time of applying.