+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP plz i told a lie to canadian immigration .will this destroy my future

pee wee

Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there and thank you for takeing the time reading this.i have got myself into such a big problem and im stressing out big time .im 28yrs old im from northern ireland and i work as a builder . 8 months ago i went to canada for a 6 month holiyday to visit my canadian girlfriend and her family and i had a great time it was my first time ever in canada.as im from northern ireland i didnt have to apply for a visit visa.when i landed in canada after a long trip i was sent to immigration and i was asked a lot of questions like why was i staying for 6 months and how much money i had and so on .but then i was asked have i ever been in trouble with the police back home in ireland and i panict and got nervous and i said NO witch was a lie and i didnt mean to it just came out .well he played around with his computer and looked at me and said enjoy ur trip to canada and attached a visit visa to my passport and put a wee stamp on it .i spent the hole six months in canada and loved it so much that i realy wont to life there.when i got back home i started stright away looking up visa that i could apply to go back to canada to live and work bt as i was looking up i seen alot saying if you have a police record of any sort you can not enter canada .well i never new this and never heard of any such thing .now im stuck and dont no what to do.i have a police record of 4 drunk and disorderly charges and on all of them i just hd to pay a small fine .ive never been to jail or anything .they happend in my late teens and earley 20 i was being an idiot and experimenting with alcohol and couldnt handel it and i paid the price for it.my last charge was 6 years ago and ive came along way and have an amazing girlfriend and were are talking about getting married in canada soon and buying a house close to here family .my girlfriend and her family all no about my record and the lie i told immigration and they seem to think it will be ok for me to go back to canada .her family are realy good and proud people and they said im worrying way to much abot it but im not to sure it will be ok becuse it said there is alot of paper work to fill out and fees to pay. is there anybody out there that could help me with advise.thank you and sorry about the spelling my keybourd is messed up at the minute

Canadian_girl

Jan 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Having criminality issues may not be such a big problem depending on the charge. I suggest you contact a lawyer who can give you legal advice about your options. Canadavisa (http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-criminality-rehabilitation.html) has some information about criminality and you can contact Attorney David Cohen who owns this website.

pee wee

Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks canadian girl i need all the help i can but id like to ask something is there many people out there that have gone threw all this paper work and have got alot of good out of in and even be able to enter canada . thank you very much