+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed! Have you previously applied to ente/remain in Canada? Yes, I applied but what to mentioned?

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Hello everyone,
I just submitted 2 days ago my study permit application online.

I misunderstood the question in IMM 1295 and still confused with question. ‍♂

Q. Have you previously applied to enter/ remain in Canada? Yes/ No ( IMM 1295)

Answer is yes but what I need to explain in it.

I misunderstood the question that enter mean when I apply for entered to Canada in 2013 Which was not my previous application. So I did not write that.
2nd I misunderstood that So remain in Canada is my previous application according to the question which was my previous application so I writtten that:

I said yes and written that:
Yes, I applied for post graduate work permit in Canada in 2017.

But my last application was work visa in Canada in May 2017 And second last application was post graduate work permit in Canada in March,2017 and before Study visa applied in October, 2016 and before that Study permit July, 2016 and before study visa in September, 2013 and study permit in July, 2013.

What Can I do now ??

If I raised the web form if I still misunderstood the question then it will be double mistake that’s why I want to clear first my understanding the question what actually they are asking?

Moreover, I have attached my all passport pages in the passport documents in which all visas there and as we know that all visa come after theirs permit. Let say I applied post graduate work permit first then I applied for work visa on behalf of work permit.

Please kindly help me .

Thanks

Last edited:

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
You did apply to enter canada before so the answer is yes.. I don't get what the problem is?

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
You did apply to enter canada before so the answer is yes.. I don't get what the problem is?
Answer should be yes for sure in any case either enter or remain in Canada, that’s Okay.
But when you say yes, you have to explain the details.

My question for my explanation which I believe I put wrong statement in explanation after say yes.
Please read my complete above message so you can help me in better way . Thanks
If you don’t understand my question let me know. Thanks

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Answer should be yes for sure in any case either enter or remain in Canada, that’s Okay.
But when you say yes, you have to explain the details.

My question for my explanation which I believe I put wrong statement in explanation after say yes.
Please read my complete above message so you can help me in better way . Thanks
If you don’t understand my question let me know. Thanks
I'm not sure I fully understood the question so if you could rephrase it, I might be able to help

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone,
I just submitted 2 days ago my study permit application online.

I misunderstood the question in IMM 1295 and still confused with question. ‍♂

Q. Have you previously applied to enter/ remain in Canada? Yes/ No ( IMM 1295)

I select yes but I believe it was wrong statement .

I misunderstood the question that enter mean when I apply for entered to Canada in 2013 Which was not my previous application. So I did not write that.
2nd I misunderstood that So remain in Canada is my previous application according to the question which was my previous application so I writtten that:

I said yes and written that:

But my last application was work visa in Canada in May 2017 And second last application was post graduate work permit in Canada in March,2017 and before Study visa applied in October, 2016 and before that Study permit July, 2016 and before study visa in September, 2013 and study permit in July, 2013.

What Can I do now ??

If I raised the web form if I still misunderstood the question then it will be double mistake that’s why I want to clear first my understanding the question what actually they are asking?

Moreover, I have attached my all passport pages in the passport documents in which all visas there and as we know that all visa come after theirs permit. Let say I applied post graduate work permit first then I applied for work visa on behalf of work permit.

Please kindly help me .

Thanks
So confusing o_O .

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
I'm not sure I fully understood the question so if you could rephrase it, I might be able to help
I applied study permit application online in which there is question in IMM 1925 form
Q. Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada ? Yes or No
My answer was ‘Yes’
Because I applied 7 applications before and all that approved. So, I said yes.
When we said yes we have to explanation.
My question is that what I had to write in the explanation?
I written in the explanation:

There are two terms in the question ‘enter ‘and ‘remain in Canada ‘ previously.
I understand the question that I need to write the latest previous application For Either enter or remain in Canada .
For term enter , I understand the term ‘enter‘ mean when I entered in Canada applied for work permit and visa together from home country in 2012 but I did not write that statement because that is not my latest previous application so I use term ‘remain in Canada ‘ for that I applied post graduate work permit in Canada which we can say applied for remain in Canada that was latest previous application in 2017.

I applied post graduate work permit in Canada (second last application) in 2017 March after then I applied work visa application ( last application) in 2017 May.

I think I need to write about my last application that’s work visa application in 2017 May.
But some people say you need to write about your all previous application. That’s seven different application but all was approved.

By the way
I attached my all passport pages already with application in which they required passport in which all 4 visas stamps scanned included.

Employment history in which I already mentioned work in Canada in 2013 .

So I am okay or raise the webform or with draw application or just leave it ??

What can I do now ?

Thanks

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I applied study permit application online in which there is question in IMM 1925 form
Q. Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada ? Yes or No
My answer was ‘Yes’
Because I applied 7 applications before and all that approved. So, I said yes.
When we said yes we have to explanation.
My question is that what I had to write in the explanation?
I written in the explanation:

There are two terms in the question ‘enter ‘and ‘remain in Canada ‘ previously.
I understand the question that I need to write the latest previous application For Either enter or remain in Canada .
For term enter , I understand the term ‘enter‘ mean when I entered in Canada applied for work permit and visa together from home country in 2012 but I did not write that statement because that is not my latest previous application so I use term ‘remain in Canada ‘ for that I applied post graduate work permit in Canada which we can say applied for remain in Canada that was latest previous application in 2017.

I applied post graduate work permit in Canada (second last application) in 2017 March after then I applied work visa application ( last application) in 2017 May.

I think I need to write about my last application that’s work visa application in 2017 May.
But some people say you need to write about your all previous application. That’s seven different application but all was approved.

By the way
I attached my all passport pages already with application in which they required passport in which all 4 visas stamps scanned included.

Employment history in which I already mentioned work in Canada in 2013 .

So I am okay or raise the webform or with draw application or just leave it ??

What can I do now ?

Thanks
Don't worry about it. You answered yes and provided at least one instance. As long as you weren't hiding a refusal, it's not misrepresentation. Moreover, they would see all your visa stamps and history in your submitted docs..

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Don't worry about it. You answered yes and provided at least one instance. As long as you weren't hiding a refusal, it's not misrepresentation. Moreover, they would see all your visa stamps and history in your submitted docs..
I have the same question, by mistake I answered no to this question cuz I thought it as a visitor visa. It was in the try application after pgwp approval in which every info was correct. try got approved too but I found about this mistake just now that I am going to apply for pr. will I get banned for 5 yrs?