+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] Medical Request - Obesity Question

renatomolina

Mar 7, 2015
Hi folks,

I just arrived from the doctor to continue my application, but I have some issues/questions. Actually, I have morbid obesity(BMI:46) and high blood pressure, but my health is fine and my blood pressure is under control with medicine. However, he requested me an extra test (creatinine) and a report from my official doctor to prove that I have potential to improve my health changing my habits and diet, besides that he asked that this report mentions my perspective to get off my current medicine that I'm taking for high blood pressure.

My question is: Has someone experienced something like this? Do you guys think that my PR will be rejected? I'm worried about it :(.

Thanks,

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Medical Request - Obesity Question

renatomolina said:
Hi folks,

I just arrived from the doctor to continue my application, but I have some issues/questions. Actually, I have morbid obesity(BMI:46) and high blood pressure, but my health is fine and my blood pressure is under control with medicine. However, he requested me an extra test (creatinine) and a report from my official doctor to prove that I have potential to improve my health changing my habits and diet, besides that he asked that this report mentions my perspective to get off my current medicine that I'm taking for high blood pressure.

My question is: Has someone experienced something like this? Do you guys think that my PR will be rejected? I'm worried about it :(.

Thanks,
You should be fine!

renatomolina

Mar 7, 2015

Johnny31 said:
You should be fine!
Thanks for the answer Johnny. Have you experienced something like that? Why do you think that I will not be rejected?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

renatomolina said:
Thanks for the answer Johnny. Have you experienced something like that? Why do you think that I will not be rejected?
The better question is - why are you so convinced that you'll be ?

Unless you're a major health risk to others - I would spend this time gathering the correct documents for my application, rather than worrying about this

mamaj

Sep 24, 2013
What medication are you on, and what milligram?

renatomolina said:
Hi folks,

Thanks,

renatomolina

Mar 7, 2015
mamaj said:
What medication are you on, and what milligram?
Losartan 50mg, Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg, Amlodipine 5mg (for high blood pressure) and Fluoxetine 20mg (for depression and anxiety). Can quantity of medication influence in decision of PR?

renatomolina

Mar 7, 2015

Johnny31 said:
The better question is - why are you so convinced that you'll be ?

Unless you're a major health risk to others - I would spend this time gathering the correct documents for my application, rather than worrying about this
Well, actually I'm spending all time in this task. But, I can't help, I'm a little bit worried about it. Sorry. So, I created this topic to find someone that have similiar experiences or have an opinion to my case, just to help other people with cases like mine and give me some hope. Anyway, Thank you Johnny.

minhajj

Nov 29, 2015
Hi renatomolina

I have a similar issue of obesity. My BMI is 47 but my health is fine. I don't have blood pressure or diabetes. I wanted to know if you received your visa and PR at the BMI of 46 and there were no further medical required.

Thanks for the help.