+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help me what can i do?

justbeingused

Jan 20, 2010
I am canadian citizen and I am married to a man who is not from this country,he always is very mentaly abusive and was physically abusive until i reported him to the police but nothing was ever done by the police because he got themt o believe that he was not doing anything wrong and they never charged him or anythingeven though he had split my lip open, I feel hopeless and helpless and stuck I do not knpw what to do anymore. i feel at times like killing myself for being stupid to believe that he realy loved me when i agreed to marry him. he always tells me he only married me to bring his family here and that he does not plan on being with me forever. along with much worse that he has said to me and my children. I feeel so lost and hopeless and feel that I would rather be dead then to live like this, just don't know what to do anymore.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am no expert... but I would offer the following comments.

You need to get some help, one thing that you must know is that abuse is not acceptable under any circumstance.

Try not to feel stupid about believing in someone, there are nasty people out there.
At this time you need to believe in yourself. Your kids need you and no doubt love you.
Don't let this person get the better of you. You have to protect yourself and your children.

You need to call the police and explain the situation again.
When ever he touches you, you MUST call the police and they will open a file.
Domestic violence is a crime, report it and this man will not be allowed near you.

If he threatens you in any way, physical or mental. If he harasses you or stalks you, take notes about what he says or does, keep these notes for the police, they will use them.
Depending on where you live there will be services to help you, women's refuge etc.

As a starting point take a look at SafeCanada.ca then search for "domestic violence".

This person does not love you, but that is not your fault. You need to take control of your life to avoid you and your children being harmed by him.

You are married, but an I ask is your husband a Canadian citizen yet?
If his citizenship is still "in process" I think that if you notified immigration about your problems he would not become a citizen, I suspect he could be deported for an offence like domestic violence.

This is from the CIC website:
Persons with a criminal record, facing criminal charges or subject to immigration enforcement action may be ineligible for citizenship.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Divorce him.
2. If you are his sponsor, and if he does not have PR yet, immediately contact CIC to cancel the process.
3. File a new police report every time he abuses you.

Popoki Iti

Feb 7, 2010
Your kids need you...your husband doesn't. That type of person shouldn't get citizenship. Is there somewhere/someone you can go to? Anyone you can talk to? Try your doctor - he may have some suggestions for you. I'll be thinking of you..try and be strong...