+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Help] Letter of Support needed for BOWP for Alberta Provincial Nominee

zzzze

Mar 4, 2017
Hello I have questions regarding to open work permit. I got my ainp nomination with no restrictions on employment. Nomination expired at Dec 31, 2016 and I applied for my PR under PNP in August. Right now I have got the application number for Permanent Residence already through email. My Post Graduate Work Permit expires at May, 2017 and I am available to apply for bridge open work permit (BOWP).

I don't know what mistake I have made that after submitting the questionnaire for work permit application, it shows I need Letter of Support from Province or Territory from Alberta government but according to albertacanada site about "Extend your work permit", I am under option 3 and should not need that letter (option 4 needs that). Application fee shows as $155 instead of $255 for Bridge Open Work Permit.

For "Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered", should I upload my job description, resume and my graduation certificate?

Also for Acknowledge of Receipt, should I attached the email that IRCC sent to me to confirm the office received the application with my application No.? Or I need to ask IRCC for a formal Acknowledgement of Receipt?

Below is the answer for questions that I think might be related:
1. Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in CanadaNo
(I answered "No" as I am not in one of those classes)

2. Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No (I am not a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person)

3. Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement
a military personnel assigned to Canada
a participant in professional sports activities or events
an employee of a foreign news company
a religious worker
No (I am not a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person)

4.Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
No, my application is still in progress and I just submit the RPRF fee.

Please help! Thank you in advance!

Reactions: jay_abc_123

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
zzzze said:
4.Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
No, my application is still in progress and I just submit the RPRF fee.

Please help! Thank you in advance!
You have to answer this question as " YES " . This actually means you have received the AOR.

And read this :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

zzzze

Mar 4, 2017
AABH said:
You have to answer this question as " YES " . This actually means you have received the AOR.

And read this :
Thank you so much for your reply! I change the answer but it still requires Letter of Support from Province or Territory. And the fee remains as $155...

I read the link you gave and I think I am qualified:
I have applied under Provincial Nominee Program (Alberta), currently live in Canada, have Post Graduate Work Permit that is expired in May.
select “Open Work Permit” as the type of work permit when you complete your work permit application<<I submitted IMM5710 application and selected open work permit.

Note: If you applied under the Provincial Nominee Program, you must not have employment restrictions as conditions of your nomination.<< I have no restrictions for my nomination.

Guess I have to ask the Alberta government for the Letter of Support now?

zzzze

Mar 4, 2017
AABH said:

And read this :
Wait a second I think I found where the problem is.....

For this question:
Do you have a written job offer?
I answered "Yes" as I do have a job offer from my current employer. But on my nomination it said my PROV./TERR. Stream is "Worker-Without Job Offer". If I answer "No" to this question then I will be available to apply for Open Work Permit....

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
zzzze said:
Wait a second I think I found where the problem is.....

For this question:
Do you have a written job offer?
I answered "Yes" as I do have a job offer from my current employer. But on my nomination it said my PROV./TERR. Stream is "Worker-Without Job Offer". If I answer "No" to this question then I will be available to apply for Open Work Permit....
you answer " NO " for this question ( Do you have a written job offer? ) because you are going to apply for OPEN Work Permit

zzzze

Mar 4, 2017
AABH said:
you answer " NO " for this question ( Do you have a written job offer? ) because you are going to apply for OPEN Work Permit
Thank you so much for your correction and explanation. Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

thanhvx

Aug 20, 2018
Thank you so much for your correction and explanation. Hope you have a wonderful day! :)
Hi zzzze,

We are applying bridging open work permit and are in same situation like you. It would be extremely helpful if you can share the result of your case.

After selecting “NO " for question “Do you have a written job offer?” Have you submitted the application and what is the results from CIC?

Thank you so much in advance!

aziz11304

Sep 9, 2018
Hi zzzze,

We are applying bridging open work permit and are in same situation like you. It would be extremely helpful if you can share the result of your case.

After selecting “NO " for question “Do you have a written job offer?” Have you submitted the application and what is the results from CIC?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Hi could you please help me as i am going through the same phase. Its asking me letter of support when the ainp site says its not needed could you tell me what to correct for that