+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing cancelled because the security screening

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
How long since you applied for asylum? Unfortunately, may people are in a similar position than you are. You have a long way to go until you will be reunited.
I applied Nov 2017 and postponed to no time ....Do you know why they give us an exact date and they will postpone that? and why they do that in some of the people they don't touch some of the other people, they will go to hearing in 6 month?!?!!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied Nov 2017 and postponed to no time ....Do you know why they give us an exact date and they will postpone that? and why they do that in some of the people they don't touch some of the other people, they will go to hearing in 6 month?!?!!
Your lawyer should have told you that your 1st hearing would be cancelled. By law they have to give you an appointment 60 days after you arrive but due to the crazy influx of asylum seekers the appointments are just for show and are cancelled. You are at the very early part of the process. It will take quite some time so be patient. If you are able to get a work permit try and find and job or work on your skills to try and get and establish yourself. You have years until you will be reunited with your family unfortunately.

Reactions: imissmylove

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Your lawyer should have told you that your 1st hearing would be cancelled. By law they have to give you an appointment 60 days after you arrive but due to the crazy influx of asylum seekers the appointments are just for show and are canceled. You are at the very early part of the process. It will take quite some time so be patient. If you are able to get a work permit try and find and job or work on your skills to try and get and establish yourself. You have years until you will be reunited with your family, unfortunately.
Thank you for advice bro, I will wait for a hearing date with hope, work permit just approved today , I checked the receipt of work permit on my online file and i see unit no is wrong I should go and ask that unit resident to help me out, I am not sure they will help me , my friend told me don't do that maybe they think you try to fraud or used their address something like that , i just confused but I will call post of canada and I will talk to resident let see which one work faster, and also I update in cic form my mistake in address, I will find a job let see what happen I just leave everything to GOD.

let me know other advice if any bro
Thank you

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Your lawyer should have told you that your 1st hearing would be cancelled. By law they have to give you an appointment 60 days after you arrive but due to the crazy influx of asylum seekers the appointments are just for show and are cancelled. You are at the very early part of the process. It will take quite some time so be patient. If you are able to get a work permit try and find and job or work on your skills to try and get and establish yourself. You have years until you will be reunited with your family unfortunately.
canuck78 would you tell me after the decision and when hearing approved and you take your decision letter, how long take to take pr for our self and family they are back home in our country !! how long it will take?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for advice bro, I will wait for a hearing date with hope, work permit just approved today , I checked the receipt of work permit on my online file and i see unit no is wrong I should go and ask that unit resident to help me out, I am not sure they will help me , my friend told me don't do that maybe they think you try to fraud or used their address something like that , i just confused but I will call post of canada and I will talk to resident let see which one work faster, and also I update in cic form my mistake in address, I will find a job let see what happen I just leave everything to GOD.

let me know other advice if any bro
Thank you

Yes you can approach your neighbour but you can't count on them to do the right thing. There is no point contacting the post office they can't do anything but you should correct it online with CIC to correct your address.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
canuck78 would you tell me after the decision and when hearing approved and you take your decision letter, how long take to take pr for our self and family they are back home in our country !! how long it will take?
I would imagine it will be 3-4 years until you get PR.