+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Healthcare Category- NOC Help

tmacq721

Oct 9, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm working on my application for express entry and am debating if I am eligible under the Healthcare category under NOC 41320- Educational Counsellors. My job matches the lead description and 5 of the main duties, and I haven't found a better suited NOC. My job is Student Support Manager at a university and my main responsibilities are monitoring student engagement and attendance; monitoring for health, personal or mental health issues; offering pastoral support as well as escalating to further support; offering guidance on program decisions such as interruption; handling students in financially dire situations. I have a BA in a social science. I'm concerned the match isn't strong enough as there are 4 points that don't relate to my role, and the three bottom points that say 'MAY etc etc' also do not relate. But as this job encompasses roles in all ranges of schools, at the bottom it does note 'Educational counsellors in colleges, universities and other settings may specialize in academic, career or personal issues counselling,' so that makes me wonder if it's okay that five points don't match, as some of them wouldn't be relevant to universities.

I'm just quite anxious as choosing this NOC means I would likely get an ITA based on being in the healthcare category, and if they deem this NOC is incorrect then I am not eligible in this category and I've wasted all that time and money. I know none of you can offer clarity but any outside opinion as to whether or not you feel it matches would be amazing. I'd also love to hear how closely your role matched the NOC you chose?