+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Haven't received India PCC yet

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
Hi,

I have 15 more days to submit my PR application after receiving ITA. India PCC is taking more time than I expected. I have PCC dated March 22, 2022. I applied again because I heard PCC expires after 6 months.
Can I submit my PR application with an explanation for the missing PCC? Also, should I attach my previous PCC along with a letter of explanation?

My husband hasn't received his PCC either. Should I write LOE for his PCC with his name as the sender or my name?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

I have 15 more days to submit my PR application after receiving ITA. India PCC is taking more time than I expected. I have PCC dated March 22, 2022. I applied again because I heard PCC expires after 6 months.
Can I submit my PR application with an explanation for the missing PCC? Also, should I attach my previous PCC along with a letter of explanation?

If you never stayed in India continuously 6 months in a row after that PCC was issued, it is still valid . There is no expiry date on Indian PCC unless you stayed in india 6 months continuously.

Reactions: Miracle2018

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
On this website, it is stated that the PCC is valid for 6 months. Consulate General of India FAQs

Should I add an LOE for the missing PCC? Also, is it ok to attach previous PCC as a supporting document?
My husband hasn't received his PCC either. Should I write LOE for his PCC with his name as the sender or my name?

Please let me know for the above questions.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
On this website, it is stated that the PCC is valid for 6 months. Consulate General of India FAQs

Should I add an LOE for the missing PCC? Also, is it ok to attach previous PCC as a supporting document?

Please let me know for the above questions.
You can try to contact BLS and also email CGI Toronto and call them and explore them about your situation. Sometimes calling them again and again will fastened the process. If you haven’t got anything until you invitation last date , you can decline the invitation and if you have enough points you can get invitation again. You can certainly submit old PCC with help of LOE, may work or maybe not .

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi,

If you are in Toronto. Pls contact the consulate directly using the Sampark Web app. Usually they respond in 1 business day.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/

However if you have a March PCC and has not gone to India after the PCC was issued. You can submit the same PCC. The below extract is from IRCC website

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live

I recommend you apply with the expired certificate as the date of expiry does not matter to IRCC so long as you did not go to India after the issue

Reactions: megh05

Jackievek

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Response from IRCC Twitter.

Hi. Yes, you can revisit a country you gave us a police certificate for. You will only need a new one if you visit for 6 months or more. If you return to a country you used to live in, a letter of explanation may help for proof that you lived somewhere other than that country.
Thank you for clarifying but the same rule would apply. You only need a new certificate that was issued after you spent 6 months or more continuously in that country.
------

I am in the same situation. Already have PCC, but visited country for 4 weeks. For safer side, I reapplied for PCC.

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Hi,

Hi

In a similar situation. I have 15 days to submit.
PCC status is printed but did not receive it yet
I called BLS this morning, I spoke to the agent, he said I may receive it in max 7 days
Since i have 15 days left, I am thinking to wait. hope to receive it soon.
Applying the profile with full details is always safe

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
If you are in Toronto. Pls contact the consulate directly using the Sampark Web app. Usually they respond in 1 business day.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/

However if you have a March PCC and has not gone to India after the PCC was issued. You can submit the same PCC. The below extract is from IRCC website

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live

I recommend you apply with the expired certificate as the date of expiry does not matter to IRCC so long as you did not go to India after the issue
I am in Vancouver. I think I'll add my old PCC with LOE and send them the new one once it's available. Thank you!

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
Update: I uploaded the old PCC and applied for a new one from India. With the old PCC, I attached a LOE and submitted my PR application. Once I received my latest PCC, I uploaded it using the webform.
My PR was approved.

Reactions: Jackievek

semon

Nov 21, 2023
Hi
It's been more than 8weeks. And I haven't received my pcc. I tried reaching the sampark but no response from them. What to do?