+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

JAJ_lavie

Oct 3, 2018
Please guide.

I hold passport of only one country and B1/B2 US Visa. Both are currently valid. How should I respond to the question on the citizenship application -
Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Please guide.

I hold passport of only one country and B1/B2 US Visa. Both are currently valid. How should I respond to the question on the citizenship application -
You should answer yes

lovekumar86

May 8, 2019
hi @forw.jane

List all of your travel documents or passports covering your 5-year eligibility period.
  • If there are any gaps between documents, provide an explanation.
  • You will be asked to show us the original documents during the processing of your application.
For this question, I have provided the passport # , issue date, expiry date but I have also travel1ed India twice during my eligibility period. 46 days in the year 2020 for my brother's wedding and 29 days to visit my family in 2023. the stamps are in the passport. but there is no option to upload the passport except the bio page. in this case, do I need to submit the scanned copy of my entire passport during 5 year eligibility period to show my trips in optional documents section with a letter of explanation? can you kindly guide please

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
hi @forw.jane

List all of your travel documents or passports covering your 5-year eligibility period.
  • If there are any gaps between documents, provide an explanation.
  • You will be asked to show us the original documents during the processing of your application.
For this question, I have provided the passport # , issue date, expiry date but I have also travel1ed India twice during my eligibility period. 46 days in the year 2020 for my brother's wedding and 29 days to visit my family in 2023. the stamps are in the passport. but there is no option to upload the passport except the bio page. in this case, do I need to submit the scanned copy of my entire passport during 5 year eligibility period to show my trips in optional documents section with a letter of explanation? can you kindly guide please
They will ask if they need it later. Currently you good with bio pages.

lovekumar86

May 8, 2019
@forw.jane thank you so much. I have few more questions - I am not clear what to answer. can you kindly guide please?

1. Work, school and activities:

Do I need to mention the part time job details apart from the full time job though there are no gaps during the 5 year eligibility period? If yes, can someone please guide how to mention in the application?

2. During your 5-year eligibility period, did you spend time serving a sentence (Type of sentence - Imprisonment, Parole, Probation, other)

This is very confusing if I have to answer yes or no . Here is my situation - I was charged under Assault, 266 CCC on 5th August 2018 in Canada. I was bailed out the same day morning (not in the eligibility period). The charges were unjustified and were the result of misunderstanding, as I had never assaulted anyone. I used my legal option to fight the allegations against me, and the case was ultimately withdrawn with S. 810 Peace Bond for 1 year on April 25, 2019 (during the eligibility period). My 5 years eligibility period started from December 24, 2018. Not sure if this is considered as probation or any other type of sentence. Please guide in this situation If yes, then do we calculate from Dec 24, 2018 to April 25, 2019 as Probation? or peace bond was for 1 year. so do I need to calculate another 1 year? i.e., until April 25, 2020.

(Note: I am PR since Feb 20, 2020) Though I am physically present in Canada for more than 1095 days in any case but I want to make sure that I calculate accurately to avoid miscalculation. Please guide. thank you so much for all your help)

3.Have you ever used any other name?
e.g. alias, nickname, previous married, etc.

for this question, in citizenship application, I have different names used for me in different documents but all are my name - all are one and the same person I got name affidavit notarized from a Barrister during my PR application. I have added these names but there is no option to upload any document for this. Can I show my notarized name affidavit document in optional documents section or can I just leave it? can someone guide please

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
@forw.jane thank you so much. I have few more questions - I am not clear what to answer. can you kindly guide please?

1. Work, school and activities:

Do I need to mention the part time job details apart from the full time job though there are no gaps during the 5 year eligibility period? If yes, can someone please guide how to mention in the application?

2. During your 5-year eligibility period, did you spend time serving a sentence (Type of sentence - Imprisonment, Parole, Probation, other)

This is very confusing if I have to answer yes or no . Here is my situation - I was charged under Assault, 266 CCC on 5th August 2018 in Canada. I was bailed out the same day morning (not in the eligibility period). The charges were unjustified and were the result of misunderstanding, as I had never assaulted anyone. I used my legal option to fight the allegations against me, and the case was ultimately withdrawn with S. 810 Peace Bond for 1 year on April 25, 2019 (during the eligibility period). My 5 years eligibility period started from December 24, 2018. Not sure if this is considered as probation or any other type of sentence. Please guide in this situation If yes, then do we calculate from Dec 24, 2018 to April 25, 2019 as Probation? or peace bond was for 1 year. so do I need to calculate another 1 year? i.e., until April 25, 2020.

(Note: I am PR since Feb 20, 2020) Though I am physically present in Canada for more than 1095 days in any case but I want to make sure that I calculate accurately to avoid miscalculation. Please guide. thank you so much for all your help)

3.Have you ever used any other name?
e.g. alias, nickname, previous married, etc.

for this question, in citizenship application, I have different names used for me in different documents but all are my name - all are one and the same person I got name affidavit notarized from a Barrister during my PR application. I have added these names but there is no option to upload any document for this. Can I show my notarized name affidavit document in optional documents section or can I just leave it? can someone guide please
I don't have answers for these question. Will let other experts chime in.

Reactions: lovekumar86

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
1) just list all the jobs, both full time and part time.
It's fine if the dates overlap.

3) If you have a document that will clarify the other names you have, feel free to add it to the application. Won't do any harm.

No idea for the second question. I'll let others answer...

Reactions: lovekumar86

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
Please guide.

In online application when clicked on help button next to the Document number under this question, It says

"
A document number is a set of alpha numeric characters that helps authorities to confirm your identity. You can find this number on the official document you use to travel, such as
  • passport
  • visas
  • other similar documents "

In lot of forums it is mentioned that passport should suffice however I am curious to know any form of visa ( L1A, H1B , L2, Canadian work permit, Candian Vistor visa, e_Visa etc) are consider as travel documents ?

lovekumar86

May 8, 2019
1) just list all the jobs, both full time and part time.
It's fine if the dates overlap.

3) If you have a document that will clarify the other names you have, feel free to add it to the application. Won't do any harm.

No idea for the second question. I'll let others answer...
Thank you so much @Seym