+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have any one faced wired question like ???

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
If you get PR via PNP category but later on you moved other province
Have any one faced any issue or question when you apply citizenship

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Need Canadian Pr said:
If you get PR via PNP category but later on you moved other province
Have any one faced any issue or question when you apply citizenship
I don't think that this could be a formal issue -- the requirements for citizenship are totally divorced from things like this, and the Citizenship Officer does not, I believe, have the right to refuse your application because of a provincial matter. Both CIC and the provinces have better things to do than try and track down PNP nominees who move. At the most, it might be something the CO asks you at your interview; and if you stayed in your original province long enough to give it a real try, I'm sure that an honest explanation would be sufficient. If you never lived in your province at all, it might be awkward but nothing more.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have friends who applied through PNP, then moved to another province, applied for citizenship from the province they currently reside in and they have their citizenship now.. I will second on_hold, Charter of Rights and Freedom says you can live within Canada freely, and being a permanent resident kind of acts as half Canadian.. You get most of the rights of being canadian yet you don't vote, or can hold a position in the government.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Ok so the bottom line is
There is no problem at citizenship time if we move provience
Some people said that but I thing it is just rumour

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need Canadian Pr said:
Ok so the bottom line is
There is no problem at citizenship time if we move provience
Some people said that but I thing it is just rumour

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=863279

Barring conditional permanent residents

"Under the new changes, permanent residents with unfulfilled conditions attached to their permanent resident status will not be eligible for citizenship. Previously, there were no provisions in the Citizenship Act preventing conditional permanent residents from obtaining citizenship if they otherwise met the requirements. This posed the risk that a conditional permanent resident could acquire citizenship even though they had not fulfilled the conditions attached to their permanent resident status."

SCCA,

"3. (1) Paragraphs 5(1)(c) to (e) of the Act are replaced by the following:
(c) is a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, has, subject to the regulations, no unfulfilled conditions under that Act relating to his or her status as a permanent resident and has, since becoming a permanent resident,..."

The Conditional Permanent wording in the press release to me is somewhat misleading in that it could lead to a false presumption of it only applying to those with a Con 51 (sponsored spouses) COPR flag. My understanding is that this condition has always been there but CIC were laid back in enforcing it. Certainly if there were judicial proceedings it would be on the basis of what conditional means and its simplest definition is that of 'any' condition. Recent FC case law for example shows CIC starting to bounce citizenship applications from refugees who have cessation/ revocation issues before the Immigration and Refugee Board on the basis that their PR status is in doubt. This despite it being common knowledge that historically CIC/CBSA used to turn a blind eye to refugees when they returned to Canada after visits or even lengthy stays from their home countries (which they claim was where they faced persecution). So just because CIC is not enforcing the law now doesn't meant it wont do so in future.

So its feasible for CIC to say moving from Province A to Province B contrary to the PNP process means you have an unfulfilled aspect of PR acquisition. So if you got your Ontario PNP PR status say Jan 1, 2015 and moved to AB on Jan 20, 2015 could ON say hold on a minute that wasn't the agreement and request CIC to commence an investigation? Go check clauses 27.2, 14.1 and 12.2 of the IRPA referring to PRs meeting their conditions including those chosen under the economic classes and this could present problems. I expect this 'rule' to be more of an issue for those in the Investor Class where the conditions are more clear cut e.g create employment for x number of PRs or Citizens and this hasn't been met. This 'rule' is easy too (even a rookie CIC lawyer could deal with this) for adding an inference on the intent to reside clause where the 'conditional' permanent resident doesn't meet a condition pertaining to 'living/residing' in Canada because they are outside Canada.

Just my 2 cents so hey its up to the PR to decide what's best for them!