+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone requested Buffalo to transfer file?

SkilledPro

Mar 13, 2009
Hello fellow members,

I am curious to know if someone here sent full/complete application to Buffalo and has to return to their home country and requested Buffalo to transfer file?

If so, at which point were you at when you requested the file transfer?

Mine is still pending for review and I do not know if it would somehow expedite the process if I will go back to home country since Buffalo is sooooo slow.

Thanks,

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
I submitted to buffalo and since returned to Ireland. You need to careful if your application is not 'in process' before you leave Canada. It all depends on your circmstances and which stream you're applying. Are you aeo, temp worker?

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
I lost my job between getting a positive assessment from CIO and submitting to cic. I was working and classed as arranged employment offer. Everything was perfect when I applied to CIO but now the job is gone I technically don't have arranged employment and it's the visa office who makes the final determination of eligibility. If I had've made it to the in process stage I would've fine as the ministerial instructions cease to exist at that stage and your assessed on points. Again it's a pity as my points is 82 even without arranged employment. I submitted a letter explaining I had no control over any of this, which I didn't but they have grounds to dismiss. I should get that letter anyday now! Such is life. If I'm honest I probably only want what I can't have. As much as I enjoyed Canada I'm European at heart and would often look out my office window at the planes taking off from Pearson and think 'what the f am I doin here? Taking a 20k paycut to be in a country where the only person who made me laugh was me' but then I'd go home throw a steak on the BBQ crack a can of molsons finest beer and think 'why the f would I go back to Ireland?' so now I'm just outside london waiting for buffalo to send me a nice 'pfo' letter. Good times