+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone got their status refused while almost getting an ITA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Here's a fact-based summary of what you're facing:

- A study permit was required. A TRV was not sufficient for the studies you had planned.
- Even if a TRV had been sufficient, IRCC was under no obligation to approve the TRV.
- Before applying for a TRV, you applied for a work permit extension when your PGWP was expiring although you didn't qualify for an extension. IRCC views this as an abuse of the work permit process. If you go to your MP for assistance or decide to fight the TRV refusal, be prepared to explain why you applied for a work permit extension when you knew you didn't qualify for one.
- Ensure that any work experience you gained after your PGWP expired is not included in your work experience calculation for CEC / EE. IRCC will not count any work experience you gained after the PGWP expired and while you were waiting for the results of the work permit extension. Since you didn't qualify for a work permit extension, this work experience is classified as illegal work and cannot be counted towards PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Been there, done that. Can you people be more fearful? Jeez

Im not sure where you got the impression ive been working illegally.
Dont worry, I have not. And no,again false information. Work permit gained on implied status is NOT illegal because you are allowed to work while being on implied status when u have submitted an application for an extension. I highly recommend you brush up your knowledge about immigration law because its quite dangerous for you to be posing as some expert on an online forum, giving incorrect advise to potential immigrants and potentially putting their lives in jeopardy. I would stop giving your highly unqualified opinions if I were you.
My opinion is based on the treatment of numerous cases on this forum. It's a fact-based statement and I'm trying to help you. It's not dangerous - it's based on IRCC rules. It's obviously your right to ignore my advice.

Earlier this year, CIC started taking a much harder line towards individual who apply for work permit extensions when they don't qualify for one. (I assume this was because they were fed up with the large volumes of people applying for extensions when they don't qualify for one to buy more time and/or work experience.) Now, if someone applies for a work permit extension and they don't qualify for one, IRCC views these applications as incomplete (since they lack an approved LMIA and don't meet other conditions that allow for a work permit extension). The legal implications of this is that the individual was never under implied status and any work (after the expiry of the original work permit) was done without authorization (and therefore cannot be counted as work experience towards PR).

We've seen plenty of examples of this rule applied - specifically to individuals applying under CEC. It's a very real rule. As long as you're not relying on this work experience in your CEC/EE application, you'll be fine.

As with all procedural changes, IRCC posted this change in process to their web site somewhere. I'll try to find it later today...

Dec 23, 2017
My opinion is based on the treatment of numerous cases on this forum. It's a fact-based statement and I'm trying to help you. It's not dangerous - it's based on IRCC rules. It's obviously your right to ignore my advice.

Earlier this year, CIC started taking a much harder line towards individual who apply for work permit extensions when they don't qualify for one. (I assume this was because they were fed up with the large volumes of people applying for extensions when they don't qualify for one to buy more time and/or work experience.) Now, if someone applies for a work permit extension and they don't qualify for one, IRCC views these applications as incomplete (since they lack an approved LMIA and don't meet other conditions that allow for a work permit extension). The legal implications of this is that the individual was never under implied status and any work (after the expiry of the original work permit) was done without authorization (and therefore cannot be counted as work experience towards PR).

We've seen plenty of examples of this rule applied - specifically to individuals applying under CEC. It's a very real rule. As long as you're not relying on this work experience in your CEC/EE application, you'll be fine.

As with all procedural changes, IRCC posted this change in process to their web site somewhere. I'll try to find it later today...

thanks

Last edited: