+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B renewal stamping processing time

Jun 11, 2022
Hey anyone knows how long it is taking to get the passport back after the H1B stamping interview day, assuming everything goes smoothly? I have an upcoming appointment in Calgary. Thanks.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hey anyone knows how long it is taking to get the passport back after the H1B stamping interview day, assuming everything goes smoothly? I have an upcoming appointment in Calgary. Thanks.
If you pay for premium delivery it takes 2 working days. If its regular anywhere between 4-6 working days.

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
I had my H1B interview in Calgary on July 28th. They said that I will get my passport back in a week.

DS160 status till Aug 1st - Administrative Processing
DS160 status on Aug 2nd - Visa Issued
Aug 2nd - Got the Canada Post tracking number
Aug 3rd - tracking status update that the passports will be delivered by Aug 5th.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I had my H1B interview in Calgary on July 28th. They said that I will get my passport back in a week.

DS160 status till Aug 1st - Administrative Processing
DS160 status on Aug 2nd - Visa Issued
Aug 2nd - Got the Canada Post tracking number
Aug 3rd - tracking status update that the passports will be delivered by Aug 5th.
Cool congrats. are you a resident here? or travelled from US? also how long ago did you get this appointment?

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Cool congrats. are you a resident here? or travelled from US? also how long ago did you get this appointment?
I am a resident here on a work permit.

Appointment history:
July 6th 2022(morning) - Original Apt for Nov 1st 2022, Calgary
July 6th 2022 (evening)- Rescheduled for Aug 31st 2022, Vancouver
July 19th 2022 - Rescheduled for July 28th 2022, Calgary

Reactions: swan0206

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I am a resident here on a work permit.

Appointment history:
July 6th 2022(morning) - Original Apt for Nov 1st 2022, Calgary
July 6th 2022 (evening)- Rescheduled for Aug 31st 2022, Vancouver
July 19th 2022 - Rescheduled for July 28th 2022, Calgary
Great. Also, you would have been able for dropbox if resident of Canada, why did it give you an appointment to book? just curious!

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
No, I am not eligible for a dropbox. Only permanent resident and citizens are eligible for dropbox. I have heard in many discussion forums that people are saying that a temp resident is also eligible for dropbox, but that's not true.
While filling the form, they ask you a question "Are you a permanent resident or national of the country where you are applying". If you answer 'yes' - then it will be a dropbox.
Clearly a temp resident is not eligible.
Temp residents have selected 'yes' here and got the dropbox, but again they provided a misinformation which I definitely did not want to do.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
No, I am not eligible for a dropbox. Only permanent resident and citizens are eligible for dropbox. I have heard in many discussion forums that people are saying that a temp resident is also eligible for dropbox, but that's not true.
While filling the form, they ask you a question "Are you a permanent resident or national of the country where you are applying". If you answer 'yes' - then it will be a dropbox.
Clearly a temp resident is not eligible.
Temp residents have selected 'yes' here and got the dropbox, but again they provided a misinformation which I definitely did not want to do.
Oh thats a good info for people who were having questions about that. There is also one more question where it says, are you travelling from another country to attend Visa interview, people are getting confused to this question even, Its a "Yes", if they are travelling from US, and "No" if they are residents here, simple!

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Oh thats a good info for people who were having questions about that. There is also one more question where it says, are you travelling from another country to attend Visa interview, people are getting confused to this question even, Its a "Yes", if they are travelling from US, and "No" if they are residents here, simple!
Exactly. I always ask people to fill such forms with full truthfulness, do not provide any misinformation just to get what you want. It may have larger implications. Besides, these are immigration related questions where you are requesting a third country to allow you in, you do not want to misinform them by providing wrong information that too intentionally. Just my 2 cents here.