+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Interview and Candian Citizenship

thalaivar

Apr 26, 2021
I am Indian Citizen.
I have my H1B interview scheduled for this Feb 2024.
I am also now eligible for Candaian Citizenship.

Questions:

1. Can i proceed with my application with interview scheduled for Feb 2024 for H1B. The stamping would be done in Indian passport. (Mine H1B and my depedents H4)
2. After I get my Canadian Citizenship, what would happen to my H1B in Indian passport and my wife's H4 Visa?
3. My wife does not want to change and wants to be Indian for now, in this case after i get my canadian citizenship .. will it be a problem for me and spouse to move to US ?

wink

May 25, 2021
I am Indian Citizen.
I have my H1B interview scheduled for this Feb 2024.
I am also now eligible for Candaian Citizenship.

Questions:

1. Can i proceed with my application with interview scheduled for Feb 2024 for H1B. The stamping would be done in Indian passport. (Mine H1B and my depedents H4)
2. After I get my Canadian Citizenship, what would happen to my H1B in Indian passport and my wife's H4 Visa?
3. My wife does not want to change and wants to be Indian for now, in this case after i get my canadian citizenship .. will it be a problem for me and spouse to move to US ?
1. yes
2. nothing much. carry your I-797 and the canadian passport.
3. i could sympathize with her. i think she has a point. no, i don't see any problem as such you both having different citizenship status. there could be some minor inconveniences in the airports as you both may have to join two different queues. i can't think of any major problem.