+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Graduating Student Work Experience

Apr 27, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am aware that work experience gained during full-time studies does not count towards your CRS score. However, I am unsure what the term full-time study means in the context of a graduating student. Although the summer term has officially started for non-graduating students (since I am graduating I have no courses this "semester"), the final grades for the graduating class are not out yet. I am wondering when the IRCC will start counting me as stopping being a full-time student.

I am aware that once a PGWP application is submitted from within Canada the work experience for sure starts to count:

Note: Work experience acquired while on maintained status and working under the authority of paragraph 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will be considered as eligible work experience under the CEC, provided the applicant continued to work in Canada under the same conditions as their original work permit until a decision was made on their application for a work permit extension.