+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PN, applying to CIC, work permit expiring soon, need advice.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hello all,

I would really appreciate if anyone could give us some advice here.

I have recently got PR under CEC and my fiance just received nomination from Ontario under Master's stream. We are collection all papers for CIC application now but I believe India PCC will take some time. We are trying to send complete application as soon as possible.

Now my fiance's work permit is expiring in feb 2017, 2nd week. How can we extend her stay here.
It is highly unlikely that she will receive AOR before feb 2nd week to be able to apply for BOWP, do we have any other option?

We would like to avoid moving her to visitor status as CIC app will take 15 months to finalize and we cant afford to live without work for all those months. We would rather go back to home country and work there.

Also, she is leaving her current job soon so closed work permit or LMIA is not an option. Plus we dont want to go through lengthy documentation for LMIA after doing the application under PNP once.

We are planning to get married in Oct next year but could think again for marrying earlier if my PR status could us in any way regarding immigration.

I would really appreciate any suggestions regarding this.

thanks.