+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

going back to canada

K11mohawk

Feb 12, 2009
My friend is a dual citizen(filipino & canadian citizen) now residing in the Philippines. He is planning to go back to Canada. What travel documents does he need? Do he need to get 2 passports..Philippine and Canadian passport? Or just Canadian passport only?
His son was born in Canada and is a canadian citizen too but the is now in the Philippines with him. The child had a recogition letter (recognized as filipino) issued by the Philipine Immigration Office here in Manila.Does the child need 2 passports too to go back to Canada?
Your advice will we greatly appreciated.Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

K11mohawk said:
My friend is a dual citizen(filipino & canadian citizen) now residing in the Philippines. He is planning to go back to Canada. What travel documents does he need? Do he need to get 2 passports..Philippine and Canadian passport? Or just Canadian passport only?
His son was born in Canada and is a canadian citizen too but the is now in the Philippines with him. The child had a recogition letter (recognized as filipino) issued by the Philipine Immigration Office here in Manila.Does the child need 2 passports too to go back to Canada?
Your advice will we greatly appreciated.Thanks.
They each require a Canadian passport,

PMM

K11mohawk

Feb 12, 2009
PMM,
Thank you very much for responding. May the bless of the Lord be with you always. But before I end up, I have one more question.. do they need a Philippine passport too when they leave Phil.? They might be questioned at the airport by the Phil. Immigration when they leave because they been here for quite sometime. Do you think there will a problem with that?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

K11mohawk said:
PMM,
Thank you very much for responding. May the bless of the Lord be with you always. But before I end up, I have one more question.. do they need a Philippine passport too when they leave Phil.? They might be questioned at the airport by the Phil. Immigration when they leave because they been here for quite sometime. Do you think there will a problem with that?
I wouldn't think so, as they do have resident cards for the Philippines. If they tried to leave with Filipino passports, they would be refused boarding as they wouldn't have Canadian visas. So they should leave with Canadian passports.

PMM