+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

go home

justrandomguy

Jan 5, 2016
Hi!

I'm accepted refugee and I have applied for a PR already.

Actually...
I was wondering how can I go back home? I mean how do I get my passport back and what do I have to do to just go back home?

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

justrandomguy said:
Hi!

I'm accepted refugee and I have applied for a PR already.

Actually...
I was wondering how can I go back home? I mean how do I get my passport back and what do I have to do to just go back home?

Thank you
1. You can't if you want to become a PR. It is called re-availment if you return to the country you are claiming that you have a fear of.

justrandomguy

Jan 5, 2016
what if i don't need PR and I'm not going to get back to Canada? What if I just want to get my passport back from CIC?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

justrandomguy said:
what if i don't need PR and I'm not going to get back to Canada? What if I just want to get my passport back from CIC?
1. CBSA probably has your passport. So you would have to contact CBSA, make your flight arrangements, what normally happens is, that once you board the flight, your passport is given to the airline crew and is returned to you once the plane has left.

aseelali

Jan 6, 2016
Re: inform me plz

i am refuge , i accepted by the court and i apply for the permanent residence cared , do any one know when i can get back my passport ????

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Re: inform me plz

aseelali said:
i am refuge , i accepted by the court and i apply for the permanent residence cared , do any one know when i can get back my passport ????
Usually : as soon your PR application will be approved and at the time when CIC office will sign your CORP - you will get your passport back (some time it could be different, base on your case) .

P.S.

I will not recommend to you to leave Canada for a while (1-2 years) after you got PR. I have had experience when CBSA tracking person who got refugee status and that person lose his PR and must leave Canada.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
1. If your refugee claim has been accepted and you are conventional Refugee you can apply for Travel Document and when you apply for TD they (CIC) will request your passport or Notice of Seizure, in this case you can go to CBSA and you can request your original passport and for the purpose to get Travel Document and when they give it to you you can do what ever you want with it if you are so keen to get your original passport.
2. You as a conventional Refugee can leave Canada with Travel Document and travel to any country you want ( But NOT your country of Origin). and you will not have any problem at all, I have done it and I had not issues with CBSA, and I am not a Permanent Resident yet.
3. Refugees who will travel to their home county then CBSA will start cessation process and will revoke your statue.

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
ghonghadze said:
1. If your refugee claim has been accepted and you are conventional Refugee you can apply for Travel Document and when you apply for TD they (CIC) will request your passport or Notice of Seizure, in this case you can go to CBSA and you can request your original passport and for the purpose to get Travel Document and when they give it to you you can do what ever you want with it if you are so keen to get your original passport.
2. You as a conventional Refugee can leave Canada with Travel Document and travel to any country you want ( But NOT your country of Origin). and you will not have any problem at all, I have done it and I had not issues with CBSA, and I am not a Permanent Resident yet.
3. Refugees who will travel to their home county then CBSA will start cessation process and will revoke your statue.
Thank You Ghonghadze! I am absolutely forgot (title of this post is "go home" ... made me confuse ) - Yes, In my experience person who has been deported went to country of Origin.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
@Dhudson
Yes it is a very strange question, probably the only one in this forum, Folks are keen to get status but he wants to loose ... ;)
and one more issue if you get your original passoport for the purpose to get Travel document and you will not send it to CIC then CBSA can start cessation in this situation as well. I have seen one person had this issue. it is like by taking your original passport you are denouncing RPD decision, and by your own will getting your original passport thus your status can be revoked.