+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gap between Student permit and PGWP

Devz8556

Mar 1, 2024
Hi All,
I have a query
I finished college on June 2023- applied for PGWP by September 28- Approved on November 2023

My doubt is the period between June to September I worked which will be considered as an illegal stay.
Will I get a rejection when I file PR? Is there any solution for it? I was under the impression that I had 90 days to file.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi All,
I have a query
I finished college on June 2023- applied for PGWP by September 28- Approved on November 2023

My doubt is the period between June to September I worked which will be considered as an illegal stay.
Will I get a rejection when I file PR? Is there any solution for it? I was under the impression that I had 90 days to file.
Why in the world did you wait almost 3 months to apply for your PGWP? Off the bat those 3 months work experience will not be considered under CEC. Whether or not they will view that period as an out of status period is to be determined by the reviewing IRCC officer. You have 90 days post getting notification from your program but it also said you can't work or study in that period. It allows for travelling, relaxation and finalizing documents for the PGWP application. Not working without a study permit or a work permit.