+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP application from Canada

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by Neo-the-one, Sep 12, 2013.

  1. Hello folks,

    I will be in Canada on a study permit next month. I will also apply for a Canadian PR under the new FSWP 2013 criteria. Where does my application go once I receive the PER letter? What is the process and timeline after the PER? There is a bunch of documentation on applying under the FSWP 2013 from outside Canada, I am very confused on the steps from within Canada.

    I highly appreciate any help in this matter. Thank You
  2. There is just one process and one set of forms.
  3. Hi,

    I think it goes to either Ottawa or the one in Alberta depending on what you filled out in your form. check their website for the correct CPC for your application.

    I think the forms are pretty much the same just that there aren't a lot of people applying from within Canada so not much info to help out in the process. I just applied three weeks ago and was almost worried till I found this forum and learnt that the wait time is months so nothing to worry about.

    Good Luck!
  4. The forms must first be posted to Nova Scotia and then the centre sends it through to Ottawa. I am still waiting for my case file number and I am hoping someone from this site can help
  5. you should send applicaiton to Nova Scotia and show your Visa office as CPP-O ottawa
    the process is simple and there is no much differance in applicaiton for within canada or outside canada
    btw what NOC you are planning to apply?

  6. Planning to apply under 2146 Aerospace Engg. (MS and 5+ yrs of experience). Based on processing times posted on the link cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp#west , it seems that if I apply from within Canada (Ottawa is the only CVO) it takes more time for processing than most international CVOs. At this point, I plan to be in Montreal on a study permit but was wondering since I will be applying from within Canada, maybe don't have to go through medical checks/visa stamping etc.?
  7. you need to go for medical check and visa stamping as the type of visa is different and as per forum below CPP-O applicant also receive Medical request.
    inaddition to this the time require for your case (within canada) will be short than other VO


Share This Page