+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Work Experience Calculation: My Specific Case

Chintata

Jan 10, 2017
I currently have 446 points for FSW program. If I complete 3 years of experience, I will get 25 more points, taking the score to 471, but there is a hitch. I have worked as follows:
1st School: 16th July'13 till 28th Feb'14
2nd School: 16th July'14 till present date (I have worked in the same school but under different contracts which were renewed every year and the contract period excluded the school vacation time)
Contract 1: 16th July'14 till 8th May'15
Vacation Gap: 9th May'15 till 15th July'15
Contract 2: 16th July'15 till 31st Mar'16
Vacation Gap: 1st April'16 till 15th July'16
Contract 3: 16th July'16 till present date

Since vacations are an anticipated break, will the second school experience will be counted from start to till date or will it be the sum of contracts period as mentioned above?
Based on my work experience mentioned above for 1st school and if we go by contracts for the 2nd school, how much experience do i have?
Based on my work experience mentioned above for 1st school and if we go by consolidated experience for the 2nd school (16th July’14 till present), how much experience do i have?
The above information will help me decide whether I should accept the ITA that I am getting. I got ITA on 16th November, but I don’t understand whether to accept it or not, as I am confused what experience would be considered by CIC.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
It will be counted as sum of contract periods.

How did you receive ITA at 446 CRS points????

Chintata

Jan 10, 2017
I learnt that there is provision of anticipated shorts breaks as stated below. A permanent teacher would have got experience calculated from start to end. However for a contract teacher, the vacation are not being counted towards experience, looks unfair.

"Applicants must have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in at least one of the listed NOCs and not combined partial year experience in multiple NOCs. Anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an applicant is employed in one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other employment that will begin shortly after the end of first contract, this break in continuity would be acceptable. The occupation must be listed in the MI.”

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If such is the case then you wouldn't meet the eligibility requirement for FSW.

Chintata

Jan 10, 2017
@ Sushsmart15

I stated my experience in CIC in terms of months and for the 2nd school i posted the experience as July'14 till date instead of breaking it up based on contracts. The cumulative experience in terms of month was above 36 months, hence the ITA.

Shassann1995.18

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
I learnt that there is provision of anticipated shorts breaks as stated below. A permanent teacher would have got experience calculated from start to end. However for a contract teacher, the vacation are not being counted towards experience, looks unfair.

"Applicants must have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in at least one of the listed NOCs and not combined partial year experience in multiple NOCs. Anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an applicant is employed in one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other employment that will begin shortly after the end of first contract, this break in continuity would be acceptable. The occupation must be listed in the MI.”
can u share the link where is it written? pls share