+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
harirajmohan said:
Hi,
I am not sure how many are still browsing this thread but i need help on getting funds transferred to CAD from USD in a less expensive way. Is that possible? I cant see many banks issuing bank draft/cheque in CAD. They are ready to give CAD currency but with terrible exchange rate. Any other way i should look at which i am missing? Please shed some light.

Thanks.
Hi not sure if its helpful anymore but try world remit. Also, UAE exchange has much better rates. If you do not need money urgently, I would suggest to keep them in bank in usa? I have done that, since my move to Canada in 2012, i still have accounts and money in USA. Although, with current exchange rate, its better to covert?
good luck!

Nov 15, 2013
Hi Folks,

I believe most of you all have got your PR and landed, are anyone else who is still waiting ? I have a couple questions. Before I ask them, below are the brief details of my application

I have applied for FSW 2014 in December

Medicals & RPRF Request November 2015 - Sent December 2015
From December 2015 till now there's no update

Is there anyone else who are waiting for PPR and whose file is being processed by CPC-Ottawa ?

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
lalithcheekoti said:
Hi Folks,

I believe most of you all have got your PR and landed, are anyone else who is still waiting ? I have a couple questions. Before I ask them, below are the brief details of my application

I have applied for FSW 2014 in December

Medicals & RPRF Request November 2015 - Sent December 2015
From December 2015 till now there's no update

Is there anyone else who are waiting for PPR and whose file is being processed by CPC-Ottawa ?
I guess you need to call them and inquire....

Nov 15, 2013
vinaj said:
I guess you need to call them and inquire....
I have contacted them, this is what they mailed back to me "We are waiting for some internal results before finalizing the application, your continued patience is greatly appreciated", I dont know how long :(

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Moly82 said:
OK guys... urgent help needed !!!

I'm the one who received email from visa officer asking for explanation of POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION on my RCMP immigration file, and I went to rcmp who said that there's nothing wrong, and they checked with CBSA who confirmed also that there's nothing wrong.
To make a long story short, I did a new RCMP certificate and got it delivered to me (first one was delivered to CIC directly) . I received it today and it doesn't make sense at all.

Here what it says:
This certifies ..... concerning applicant whose name and date of birth appear below could not be associated to an existing Criminal record.
This also certifies that a search by the RCMP using the same fingerprints has resulted in a POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION to immigration fingerprints registered under the file number indicated below.

File number: RFN -------------( not my pr application number nor my UCI, and not even any number that exists on the visa or the work permit)

I called CIC call center who definitely didn't help, and called boarder service but they said they don't deal with this, and advised to as CIC.. the funny thing is that CIC are the ones who want the explanation.

Please guys if anyone knows anything about this issue, help me ....
I just confirmed with an Immigration Lawyer about this matter. It is concluded that when you have a positive identification thing in your RCMP Police Clearance Certificate in Canada, it is apparently because of some record you previously had. In my case, I have a speeding ticket which my lawyer is taking care of. but the trial date is not out yet hence i'm left with no option but wait. Unless this matter is not resolved (either I win the case on trial, or plea guilty and pay the ticket) then only the record will be cleared.

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pay the ticket dude it's not worth the wait for court decision and it is impacting your PR application. If i were you i would pay it today

skhashmi

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Med's Request
03-06-2016
Med's Done....
30-06-2016
Please Join below WhatsApp Group for "FSW2014 Applicants" to get more help and status updates

https://chat.whatsapp.com/6OEH3qMF9U15wEFdmCXZAG