+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

from us to work in canada where do i file my application

leabert

Oct 14, 2006
I'm a Filipino but not a resident of the US and wanted to migrate to Canada from the US. Is there a way I can apply here in the US without going back to the Philippines?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have a job offer? What kind of application are you looking to do?

Were you legal in the US for 1 year even if you are not legal anymore or are you a tourist there?

You could go to Canada as a tourist, look for a job, wait for the LMO and then leave the country just to the US to get your work permit issued but it could take up to a few months to get the LMO and work permit. It might not be a good idea to wait for it here when you are spending money and not allowed to work.

leabert

Oct 14, 2006
we came here as tourist but not legal anymore, maybe for a year yes. but i don't think i can go back to the US if i go to canada. And i'm not sure i can apply as tourist here for canada.

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
leabert said:
we came here as tourist but not legal anymore, maybe for a year yes. but i don't think i can go back to the US if i go to canada. And i'm not sure i can apply as tourist here for canada.
hey bro!!! you must have at least 1 year legal status in the us...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, if you were never legal in the US except as a tourist, you can't apply there.