Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
It depends, that rule went into effect in 2011 I believe, so you would have at least until 2015 before you can hit the 4 year term.
This regulation is not retroactive – The clock starts ticking on April 1, 2011, for all TFWs, regardless of how long they have already been in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

woshihaoxiongdi said:
MY PGWP actually started on summer of 2011, and expiring next summer. Hopefully, I can get a 2 year extension.
Some workers will be exempt from the cumulative duration regulation.

TFWs in managerial (NOC 0) or professional occupations (NOC A).
TFWs who have applied for permanent residence and received:
a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) if applying as a Quebec Skilled Worker;
a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) certificate if applying as a provincial nominee;
an approval in principle letter if applying under the Live-in Caregiver Class;
a positive selection decision if applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Class; or
a positive selection decision if applying under the Canadian Experience Class.
TFWs who are employed in Canada under an international agreement, such as NAFTA, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, or another agreement.
TFWs who are exempt from the Labour Market Opinion process, including:
Spouses and common-law partners of international graduates participating in the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and highly-skilled TFWs;
Charitable or religious workers;
Entrepreneurs, intra-company transferees, researchers and academics;
Others for purposes of self-support (refugee claimants) or humanitarian reasons (destitute students, holders of Temporary Resident Permits valid for at least six months)