+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

format of experience and reference letter

cpu0079

Jul 15, 2008
Dear All,

I have applied for CIC in December 2003 and now I received a letter from Canada High Commission that I should submit other documents and important is: experience letter, employment letter and reference letters.

Could anyone post here or send me via mail (cpu0079@yahoo.com) format of detail experience letter and reference letter? It will really be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dev.

PS: Letter from Canadian High Commission requiring Proof of Experience:
IMPORTANT: In order to determine if you meet the minimal requirements for continued processing, documents and information provided by you must demonstrate that you have at least one year of continuous, full-time employment experience, or the equivalent in continuous, part-time employment, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type O management occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, if you fail to meet this minimum requirement, your application shall be refused and no further processing is required. Please provide original, updated experience and/or employment letters which clearly describe your job duties for all occupations in which you wish to be assessed. Your employer should provide specific, work-related examples of these duties. Job contracts and reference letters are important, but must include a detailed description of all duties and responsibilities that you perform and have performed in the occupation(s) in which you wish to be assessed.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
please check this website: http://www.canadavisa.com/doc/ref.htm

you can have some information on how to write a reference letter and certificate of employment.

cpu0079

Jul 15, 2008
Thanks for your response. Site contains perfect information.

I have another query. I am working in Italy and now all documents such as employment letter, work contract and salary slips are in Italian language.

Can I submit photocopies of work contract, employment letter and salary slips in Italian language? And along with these documents, shall I submit an experience letter from my company in English language? Will it work? Or I have to translate all documents from Italian to English? If I have to translate documents then do I need to do it from authorized agents and validate those documents from Embassy? How it works? Can you please give me details on it?

Thanks.