+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to include a document

Jan 22, 2019
hello everyone!

I applied my cotizenship december 26,2018.
Mailed it through canada post the next day. After 2 weeks i noticed that one of the requirent is a photocopy of passport covering the 5 years immediately before the date of your application. I sent my latest passport issued july 2015 and expiry aug 2020. I did not sent a photocopy of my old pasaport.

Is there something I ahould do or contact cic?

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
they will return your application as "Incomplete", and you will probably receive that soon within 2 weeks, since incomplete application package will not even make to the local processing office.

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
Thank you!
Still hoping and praying a miracle that they will not return it
Given your case, I think you might actually get lucky and they will proceed ur application and asking you to send additional document later per request. Since they have your current passport, just missing an expired one. BUT, DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS. I mean if it's your current passport that's missing it would be "Incomplete" for sure. Well you'll see, prepare to apply again.

Jan 22, 2019
Given your case, I think you might actually get lucky and they will proceed ur application and asking you to send additional document later per request. Since they have your current passport, just missing an expired one. BUT, DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS. I mean if it's your current passport that's missing it would be "Incomplete" for sure. Well you'll see, prepare to apply again.
Croasing my fingers hoping to be lucky. But of course i have to prepare in case they will send it back. And not to expect too much