+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot some Addresses.Section 10 in cit0002e

Abubakr78

Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone,
In my first two weeks after landing i stayed in many hotels and airbnbs.i listed most of them but i forgot address of two hotels i stayed in each just one night.how should i represent this missing two nights in the form?
Can someone advise please
Thanks

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
After you get your AOR you may want to send the new forms with the updated addresses.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi everyone,
In my first two weeks after landing i stayed in many hotels and airbnbs.i listed most of them but i forgot address of two hotels i stayed in each just one night.how should i represent this missing two nights in the form?
Can someone advise please
Thanks
Section 10 in CIT 0002 asks for RESIDENTIAL addresses, not the address for each and every place a person spent the night.

There is no reason to make this more difficult or complicated than simply reporting a primary residence address covering all SIXTY months in the eligibility period. REMINDER: a person can stay at locations other than his or her primary residence without changing the address of his or her primary residence.

Generally, in all but unusual circumstances, there will only be one or two addresses listed for a given month. Last-address and next-address will commonly be listed referencing the same particular month, that month entered in the "TO" column for the person's last primary residence, and that same month also listed in the "FROM" column for the individual's next address. BUT it is also OK to list one month in the "TO" column, and then the NEXT month in the "FROM" column . . . that is, one month listed in the "TO" column for the last address, and the next month listed in the "FROM" column for the next address. The latter shows an address for both months so should meet the application-completeness requirements.

SOME BACKGROUND (the longer explanation):

Generally, it warrants noting, a person can (and usually will) consider his or her last place of residence as continuing to be the address for his or her primary residence UNTIL a new place of residence is established. Remember, again, a person is NOT always staying at his or her primary residential address . . . NOTE, for example, an applicant is required to SEPARATELY report stays outside Canada, in the presence calculation, even during periods of time his or her residential address remains in Canada. (Thus, for example, an applicant might list one residential address from, say, June 2015 to October 2018, even though there were many whole months during that time the applicant did not stay a single night at that address . . . the applicant only needs to otherwise report, again separately in the presence calculation, if those periods of time were outside Canada altogether.)

Moreover, the reporting dates are month-to-month. The shortest span of time that needs to be reported is thus one calendar month. While each individual needs to decide what to answer for himself or herself, for a month during which the individual was transient the whole month, that is having left a place of residence and not yet having established a new place of residence, it is probably OK to pick one address where the individual stayed the most that month and list it. My sense is this would be an unusual circumstance. For the vast majority, the best answer as to the address of their primary residence during transient periods is to list the last address where the individual lived.

A somewhat more common scenario is that described here, where the transient period is less than a calendar month. Again, recognizing that each individual needs to decide what the best, more accurate answer is, for himself or herself, FOR most individuals the likely answer is to list the applicant's address up to and including the date of landing, the MONTH of landing, based on the applicant's address before coming to Canada. If after a transient period this individual moves into a more or less established place of residence before the end of that same month, that same month can be listed as the first month in which the individual lived at the new, Canadian address. If, however, it is NOT until the NEXT month (after landing) the individual finally moves into a more or less established place of residence, no problem simply listing that next month as the first month in the span of time for that particular address.

The main thing is the applicant needs to be sure EVERY MONTH in the five year eligibility period is covered.

EXAMPLE: Applicant lands some day during the month of June 2015. Most applicants should list their last address, before coming to Canada, and enter this as "TO" 2015-06.

-- If this applicant established a primary residence in Canada before the end of June, the applicant can also list 2015-06 in the "FROM" column for the row listing that address.

-- If, however, the applicant did not actually establish a primary residence in Canada until some time in July, it is OK to list 2015-07 in the "FROM" column for the row listing that address. This should satisfy IRCC completeness requirements since an address is listed for both June 2015 (the applicant's address prior to coming to Canada) and July 2015 (address established in Canada after landing). This covers every month.

-- If the applicant did not actually establish a primary residence in Canada until some time AFTER July, 2015 . . . that is, if the applicant continued to be transient so long there were complete months in which he or she had no primary residence, there should be one or two locations where the applicant stayed more than others, and the applicant should be fine listing the one or two primary locations for each such month, starting with July, listing 2015-07 in both the "FROM" and "TO" columns (for one or two rows depending on whether the applicant feels more than one should be listed; generally one should should suffice).​

SOFT-LANDING PRs:

If the PR's landing trip to Canada did not include settling and establishing a primary residence in Canada, that individual's "address" continues to be his or her primary residence address abroad. Even if the PR stays in Canada for some extended periods of time, such as multiple months, as long as the PR is maintaining a primary residence abroad, that is the PR's "address." Note, again, listing dates of actual presence in Canada, and dates absent from Canada, is SEPARATELY reported in the presence calculation.

The applicant's objective is to be as forthright and honest and accurate as practically possible. Applicant's who approach giving answers based on what they believe makes the best or strongest case are often making a serious mistake UNLESS that means they are focused on being as forthright and honest and accurate as practically possible.

CAVEAT: NONE of the above is to suggest that individuals should generally report addresses other than where they ordinarily spend the night but which they might use as their residential address for various purposes, like bank accounts or such. Addresses should NOT be listed IF that is NOT where they ordinarily and usually reside. But once an individual establishes an address as the place where he or she ordinarily and usually resides, IN FACT, in actual fact, that primary residence address can continue to be declared as the individual's address until EITHER he or she establishes a different location as his or her primary residence OR until as a matter of fact he or she no longer ordinarily and usually resides at that address.