+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience Doubts

Didier85

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hi everybody!

To apply for EE you need to have at least 1 year of foreign work experience (full time, paid, etc). Otherwise you're not eligible. At least this is what i've understood.

If so, why in the CRS there is also the possibility to choose "No foreign work experience" (as you can see at point CRS – C. Skill transferability factors (Maximum 100 points for this section)).

I ask this because i have difficulties proving my work experience (i only have contracts that last for 11 months, also if i've worked in the same place for 3 years and full time).

Without my work experience, i used the CRS Tool and i still can have CRS 439 (with all the other factors).

Can i still apply for EE?

Thank you

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
In EE you will be applying under any of the options like FSW/FST/CEC. Which itself states that u will migrate showing some work related experience. Apart from education and english language skills u r supposed to have atleast 1 year of work ex.

Try and talk to ur employer if he can provide u documentary proof for d work u have done there

good luck

Didier85

Star Member
May 7, 2017
jackdawn said:
In EE you will be applying under any of the options like FSW/FST/CEC. Which itself states that u will migrate showing some work related experience. Apart from education and english language skills u r supposed to have atleast 1 year of work ex.

Try and talk to ur employer if he can provide u documentary proof for d work u have done there

good luck
First of all, thank you jackdawn!

Do you think that an experience letter from the employer (official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company) would be enough?

Because what i'm afraid of, is that i have a contract "hole" of a month between my contracts during which, officially, i do not work for my employer and i'm not being payed.

After that 1 month stop i start working again, same job and same employer, for another 11 months full time.

My question is: is it ok, if my employer writes that i've worked for him, full time since the first day (for example since 01/09/2015 till now) omitting this "holes"?

Thank you