+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those of you who lost their status while waiting for PR confirmation and had to restore it, how long after status restoration did you receive your

keysersoze

Jul 30, 2017
I applied at the end of August 2023, and my PGWP expired at the end of December 2023. Unfortunately, I did not apply for a BOWP, as I mistakenly believed I had implied status. By early January 2024, the eligibility, security, criminal, and medical verifications had been completed. However, a final decision couldn't be made because I was out of status.

In mid-February, I realized I needed to restore my status. I promptly applied for status restoration as a visitor and received approval within two weeks. However, it has now been almost a month since the restoration, and the most recent update, dated March 21st, indicates that IRCC is aware of my current status. They also noted that, due to the non-routine nature of my case, there are no specific processing times applicable.

P.S. I did continue to work while out status but stopped as soon as I found out I was out of status. I was still within my 90-day restoration period when I realized. I am obviously not able to work right now as I am on a visitor record, and currently living on savings which is not ideal.

1. I am just curious if there's anyone in this forum who had to restore their status while waiting for PR and if they can share their timeline?
  2. Is there anything I can do from my side to get an idea of what the hold up is? I have already called, sent webforms and contacted IRCC via local MP.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this post.