+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I think they will end up updating the form. If you expect a yes or no answer, dont say "click all that apply", explictly specify that a response is required.
I didnt even read school, self employed lines since I thought that wouldnt apply to me (employed the whole time).
Really hope they accept it. Wish I hadn't found out about this mistake lol. The wait to find out the verdict is too long

I have asked the question on twitter and facebook, but not surprisingly haven't received a response.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Friends any suggestions on below ?

1 - For Question 9 B under minors application form CIT0003E-2 "Has the child left Canada for a total of 6 months or longer since becoming a permanent resident"
We only have to list the absence in the table/chart below if child stayed out of Canada for 6 months or more. I child stayed out of Canada for less then 6 months the we have to say "No" and leave the chart/table below blank or mentioned N/A in the table.

Did i get it correct? Any suggestions how to answer in this scenario ?

2 - About Question 9 C for Adult application CIT0002E - "During your eligibility period id you live outside of canada?" In my case my eligibility period is from Oct 2012 to Oct 2015 where as I became PR on Sept 2013 and before that I never visited Canada. S0 do i still have to mentioned the the address where I was living from Oct 2012 to Sept 2013 even though I was not a PR or a resident of Canada ?

Please I need suggestions, If some who faced the same scenario shed some light how he/she answered this question

ranac09

Oct 6, 2017
I think, I made a mistake but I submitted my application October 6th (delivered Oct 10th 9:10 AM).

During this time my existing Indian passport was already going under the renewal process, so I included the the copies of the passport I had (It was valid till Dec 2017). On October 10th at 2 PM I received my new renewed Indian passport in mail (I have Purolator delivery conformation). The issue date on the new passport is September 29th 2017. I did not include the photocopy of this passport in my application because I hadn't physically received it when I signed and mailed my application.

What should I do?

I think I have two options.
1. Once I received AOR, send the copy of second passport with explanation and evidence that new passport was genuinely delivered after I signed the document
2. Keep all the evidence and explanation with me and take it with me on the day of test/interview

Last edited:

Spouswifey

Mar 26, 2016
I think, I made a mistake but I submitted my application October 6th (delivered Oct 10th 9:10 AM).

During this time my existing Indian passport was already going under the renewal process, so I included the the copies of the passport I had (It was valid till Dec 2017). On October 10th at 2 PM I received my new renewed Indian passport in mail (I have Purolator delivery conformation). The issue date on the new passport is November 29th 2017. I did not include the photocopy of this passport in my application because I hadn't physically received it when I signed and mailed my application.

What should I do?

1. Once I received AOR, send the copy of second passport with explanation and evidence that new passport was genuinely delivered after I signed the document
2. Keep all the evidence and explanation with me and take it with me on the day of test/interview
Do step 1 as well as step 2. You are not losing anything. Keep it simple. You are going to be just fine.

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014

During this time my existing Indian passport was already going under the renewal process, so I included the the copies of the passport I had (It was valid till Dec 2017). On October 10th at 2 PM I received my new renewed Indian passport in mail (I have Purolator delivery conformation). The issue date on the new passport is November 29th 2017. I did not include the photocopy of this passport in my application because I hadn't physically received it when I signed and mailed my application.

What should I do?

You mean to say issue date on the new passport is September 29th 2017 not November?
I would suggest follow 2, if required. I heard if you send any document which is not requested by CIC, that can slow down your application process. I may be wrong but this is my advice.
Anyway you didn't do anything wrong, you sent whatever you had at that time. So nothing to worry.

ranac09

Oct 6, 2017
You mean to say issue date on the new passport is September 29th 2017 not November?
I would suggest follow 2, if required. I heard if you send any document which is not requested by CIC, that can slow down your application process. I may be wrong but this is my advice.
Anyway you didn't do anything wrong, you sent whatever you had at that time. So nothing to worry.
Yes my bad, issue date is September 29th

dunten

Oct 4, 2017
I am applying only for myself, do I print my name on both pictures or just one. They stamped only one picture, someone help

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
I am applying only for myself, do I print my name on both pictures or just one. They stamped only one picture, someone help
The instructions says that both pictures need the studio information and the name of the person. In my case both pictures were stamped.

If you haven't sent the application try to get the second stamp from the photo studio and print the name on both photos. That way you'd be complying with the instructions.

Reactions: dunten

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
same thing happened to me , plus she was arguing with me, i finally got both stamped if you have not sent it get both stamped if you have hope for the best

icuuci

Nov 17, 2016
I forgot to put my paternity leave (6 months in 2016) on my application. Completely skipped my mind that it should have been mentioned but as I came back to my old job and have been there the last 4 years. Any ideas? Will my application be returned?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I forgot to put my paternity leave (6 months in 2016) on my application. Completely skipped my mind that it should have been mentioned but as I came back to my old job and have been there the last 4 years. Any ideas? Will my application be returned?
honestly so far you didnt skip any gaps or months i think you should be fine