+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FOIA request

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KtotheG said:
That's odd - I specifically requested mine for January 1 2011 - January 1 2017 and they all came through. Good that you appealed. If you clearly stated pre-2013 then someone didn't read the request clearly enough in the first place! Good luck - I hope the turnaround time is short.

Hi,

A week before the request was fulfilled, the agency was showing as '2014 Perfected Records'
Though I had submitted the copies of all passports that I held, they sent records that were based on current passport hat too was missing one entry from 2012.
Hoping the appeal will get me all my records.

One question did you have multiple passports scenario like I have ? means old and current?

Thanks
Steve

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
.Steve said:
Hi,

A week before the request was fulfilled, the agency was showing as '2014 Perfected Records'
Though I had submitted the copies of all passports that I held, they sent records that were based on current passport hat too was missing one entry from 2012.
Hoping the appeal will get me all my records.

One question did you have multiple passports scenario like I have ? means old and current?

Thanks
Steve
I too was wondering about the '2014 Perfected Records' as that showed up in my status. Through a bit of research I learned that 'Perfected' basically means you've provided enough details as to the nature of your request and as such it's a request they can reasonably fulfill.

As for passports, I was in the same situation - came to Canada on my original passport and renewed a few years ago. Both passport numbers were reflected in my entry records. However, I did list information for both passports--numbers, issue date, expiry, etc. It was interesting that when my request was changed to '2014 perfected' the passport numbers were scrubbed.

Hope this helps!

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KtotheG said:
I too was wondering about the '2014 Perfected Records' as that showed up in my status. Through a bit of research I learned that 'Perfected' basically means you've provided enough details as to the nature of your request and as such it's a request they can reasonably fulfill.

As for passports, I was in the same situation - came to Canada on my original passport and renewed a few years ago. Both passport numbers were reflected in my entry records. However, I did list information for both passports--numbers, issue date, expiry, etc. It was interesting that when my request was changed to '2014 perfected' the passport numbers were scrubbed.

Hope this helps!
I had attached the pictures of my old and new passport.
Requested them to provide all travel based on the visas stamps
Must be a new staff who did not understand the request well........

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:
Did you records include dates prior to 2013 ?
I had requested FOIA records and after 3 weeks the FOIA request returned records only since 2013.
Previous records are missing since my landing.
So filed an appeal and awaiting response...
FOIA update
The appeal has been closed
Results include all my entries/exit .........

snasser

Nov 17, 2016
Is it normal if the released records don't show all entries and exits? What if entries for some trips are listed but not the exits, but the exits are already shown on CBSA records as entries to Canada. Do I attach both? Do I compile a table showing which is what? Do I appeal the CBP/FOIA request? Please help. Thank you

And by the way, it took 50 days to receive them due to backlog (according to their hotline rep)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
snasser said:
Is it normal if the released records don't show all entries and exits? What if entries for some trips are listed but not the exits, but the exits are already shown on CBSA records as entries to Canada. Do I attach both? Do I compile a table showing which is what? Do I appeal the CBP/FOIA request? Please help. Thank you

And by the way, it took 50 days to receive them due to backlog (according to their hotline rep)
I have replied to your personal message.

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
My request for foia entry exit record is rejected. I wonder why would they reject it. I provided all the passport and visa details. Can someone guide the right way to request that

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
i applied for foia and after 45 days request is rejected .
how do u guys apply, what agency do u guys select when u apply

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz said:
Hello,

Here's how to request it:

1- go to this link: https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate
2- create an account or continue as a guest ( I recommend the creation of an account)
3- select the agency: CBP FOIA division
4- fill in all your personal information.
5- type of record requested it will be: Entry/ exit
6- in the description put the details of your request.
7- click preview and submit.

That's all

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjakub said:
If anybody is still interested in this,
I ordered FOIA records ( https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home ).

First, I created an account.

After that I created a request with following details:

Agency: U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Reason: I wrote that I need my travel records for immigration purposes in Canada, that
at least one entry is missing in I-94 online report, and my passport details (country, number).

I also attached a photo of the passport bio page and a photo of the page with the US visa.

In the "max amount" field I entered $100, but they didn't charge me anything.

I was expecting this to take weeks (or maybe even months), but I received an email
with a PDF file with the requested report the very next day (!!!).

And the most important part is that the entry that is missing in I-94 records is there!!

Reactions: Nash119739