+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

first landing when its too late?

muqum

Oct 8, 2009
Hi,
I got my visa for my first landing. My visa will expire on june 30th 2010. My children will finish their exam by the first week of june I will go around 6 or 10 june will it be too late? Some people are saying i should not leave till that end I should do it atleast in the bigining of May. I need help in this regard please.

Thanks

gsimim

Aug 16, 2008
Hello,
Let me tell you: Technically if your PR provisional visa expires of MM/DD/YYYY, you should be allowed to land in the country, provided there are no other issues with your landing, till that date. In one of the forums, I have had seen that a person landed in Canada on the very same day his PR visa would expire. The officer did ask him why he was waiting all along to land. He was allowed in. I myself landed exactly 30 days prior to my PR Visa's expiry date. I was asked NO questions.
I'm not saying that you've to wait till the last date to do that nor do I say that all officers behave the same. But I can't think of a reason that you should land at least X number of days before your Visa expiry other than the fact that the closer you're to your Visa expiry date the less the chances you've to modify your plan.
Good luck!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Early June should be fine. It gives you the chance to get another flight if you miss your flight or something. Your visa is valid until the 30th so you can land any time until and including the 30th.