+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Landing Documents to bring along

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
We will be doing our landing on Dec 11, 2017. Question on the documents to bring along. What are absolute must have documents? My wife's original diploma certificate and academic transcripts are not available. We only have her translated university certificate and the WES credential assessment letter (Canadian equivalency foreign credential assessment letter). Would that become a problem during our landing?

I am the primary applicant.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
At POE ensure you have the following
- passport
- COPR
In addition to the above I had the following documents with me, might not hold for all
- PR card application filled. This was not required at POE. The immigration officer just checked for passport and COPR and I was not required to fill or submit any form for PR
- goods to follow list(2 copies) I did not have much goods to follow but I did take the form with me. Was not asked for it. If you have goods that you want to bring later then do carry this form with you.. was not asked for it by the immigration officer.
- goods accompanying list(2 copies) was not asked for it.
- 2 photograph. Was not asked for it.
- proof of funds document. I had with me the following
* Last 6 months bank statement
* Letter from bank(stamped and on bank letterhead) that I was having the required amount in my account
* International Debit/credit cart in case they ask how would I be transferring/using the funds in my account
* Online access to my account
As was the case with other documents I was not asked for it.

Diploma original certificates would not be a problem at time of landing.

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Thanks rockytg.

When did you do your POE and which airport was it?

When you said diploma original certificates would not be a problem at time of landing, did you mean that not having the original copy at time of landing would not be a problem at time of landing? I only have the original translated copy and the WES assessment report. It is my wife's certificate that I am missing now - she's a dependent although her credential contributed to my CRS score.

- passport
- COPR
In addition to the above I had the following documents with me, might not hold for all
- PR card application filled. This was not required at POE. The immigration officer just checked for passport and COPR and I was not required to fill or submit any form for PR
- goods to follow list(2 copies) I did not have much goods to follow but I did take the form with me. Was not asked for it. If you have goods that you want to bring later then do carry this form with you.. was not asked for it by the immigration officer.
* Letter from bank(stamped and on bank letterhead) that I was having the required amount in my account
* International Debit/credit cart in case they ask how would I be transferring/using the funds in my account

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks rockytg.

When did you do your POE and which airport was it?

When you said diploma original certificates would not be a problem at time of landing, did you mean that not having the original copy at time of landing would not be a problem at time of landing? I only have the original translated copy and the WES assessment report. It is my wife's certificate that I am missing now - she's a dependent although her credential contributed to my CRS score.
You don't require any of that when landing. You only need passports, COPRs, proof of funds if applicable, BSF186/BSF186A forms if importing goods.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
- passport
- COPR

for Quebec, CSQ