+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out the e-APR

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Just curious about people's experiences when filling this out, particularly in regards to:

1) How long it took to be completed (uploading, answering fields etc.)? Not counting of course the preparation of the LOE.
2) Is it something that can be done in bits? And then saved, returned to and finally completed?

Just trying to get a handle on this, to see how much time I should put aside to filling this out. I'm planning to do it over a weekend, holed up at home, without any distractions.

Thanks!

Bastman

Jun 12, 2017
Hi,
Answer to your questions
1) At least 5-6 hours if you have all the information and documentation ready.
2) Yes, you can save it partially and return to it any other time.

Hope it helps, Good luck!

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Yeah best would be to get all the docs prepared and ready to upload. Make sure they are small enough in size to fit the requirements of upload size. You will need to merge documents as well since you only upload one document. So just google Merge pdf (assuming you are using pdf which I would recommend) and its free for you to use. Pretty simple. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Funkdakarma

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just curious about people's experiences when filling this out, particularly in regards to:

1) How long it took to be completed (uploading, answering fields etc.)? Not counting of course the preparation of the LOE.
2) Is it something that can be done in bits? And then saved, returned to and finally completed?

Just trying to get a handle on this, to see how much time I should put aside to filling this out. I'm planning to do it over a weekend, holed up at home, without any distractions.

Thanks!
Friend:

Keep handy the work, personal, education, travel, address, history and ensure the the dd/mm/yy are correct. No gaps please. Verify till you are satisfied.

All upload files according to the check list must be less than 4 MB.

If you are ready it should not take more than a couple of hours.

Have some one sit next to you who can keenly verify the info you are entering.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hi,
Answer to your questions
1) At least 5-6 hours if you have all the information and documentation ready.
2) Yes, you can save it partially and return to it any other time.

Hope it helps, Good luck!
Thank you! I was guessing about 6 hours as well.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Yeah best would be to get all the docs prepared and ready to upload. Make sure they are small enough in size to fit the requirements of upload size. You will need to merge documents as well since you only upload one document. So just google Merge pdf (assuming you are using pdf which I would recommend) and its free for you to use. Pretty simple. Hope that helps.
Great recommendation with the Google Merge, thanks!

Reactions: adrlim

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Friend:

Keep handy the work, personal, education, travel, address, history and ensure the the dd/mm/yy are correct. No gaps please. Verify till you are satisfied.

Thanks a lot.

So once the uploads are complete and the application is submitted, what next after? Is it entering the GCMS or whatever where they check for completeness of application? When is that likely to happen?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot.

So once the uploads are complete and the application is submitted, what next after? Is it entering the GCMS or whatever where they check for completeness of application? When is that likely to happen?
You will get the acknowledgment of eAPR.

Just monitor your CIC account . It will show the progress.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Thanks a lot.

Yeah like MZASAM said you just look out for emails from CIC and also the MyCIC for updates. But be patient. It does take some time and luck. All depends what stream you are too.

GCMS you only order it and pay for it when you think something is not right with your file and you need to track it in my detail to see where (if there is) a hiccup.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Yeah like MZASAM said you just look out for emails from CIC and also the MyCIC for updates. But be patient. It does take some time and luck. All depends what stream you are too.

GCMS you only order it and pay for it when you think something is not right with your file and you need to track it in my detail to see where (if there is) a hiccup.
Thanks for the advice.

Yes, patience is the biggest lesson that we'll all learn from this experience :)

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Friend:

What format should the travel, work and personal history be in? Separate Excel files? Tables from Exce converted into PDF? Any tips? Thanks

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What format should the travel, work and personal history be in? Separate Excel files? Tables from Exce converted into PDF? Any tips? Thanks
Friends

Keep the following info ready. Take prints, keep handy. It helps a lot in filling the eAPR.

Education History

Field of Study

Start Date

To Date

Country of Study

Name of School /Institution

Level of Education

----------------------

Personal history Activities

Start Date

To Date

Activity Type

Employer/School/Facility

Country / Territory
----------------------
Work History

Start Date

To

Job Title

Four Digit NOC Code

Employer

Company Name

Country/Territory
--------------------

Travel History (10 YEARS)

From Date

To

Country of Visit

City/Town/Or region of visit

------------------
Address History (10YEARS)

From Date

To

Country of Visit

Reactions: Immigreat81

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should not use an unsecured online service to merge pdfs of sensitive personal information. That would be very foolish.

Consider using a free software like pdfsam:

http://www.pdfsam.org/

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Friends

Keep the following info ready. Take prints, keep handy. It helps a lot in filling the eAPR.

Education History

Field of Study

Start Date

To Date

Country of Study

Name of School /Institution

Level of Education

----------------------

Personal history Activities

Start Date

To Date

Activity Type

Employer/School/Facility

Country / Territory
----------------------
Work History

Start Date

To

Job Title

Four Digit NOC Code

Employer

Company Name

Country/Territory
--------------------

Travel History (10 YEARS)

From Date

To

Country of Visit

------------------
Address History (10YEARS)

From Date

To

Country of Visit

Thanks. What comes under Personal History? I thought that's what travel history would have been. And what's the difference between address history and travel history?